- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bourbon & Sherry Casks
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Р031514 L5 10:26 13232
- Added on
- 13 Oct 2016 2:13 pm by alex..w..fan
0 × in wishlist
43 × member ratings
92 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bunnahabhain Toiteach
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.05 points
- tense, disappointing, slight alcoholic sharpness
- A very simple, straightforward whisky. No particular off-notes but a bit more complexity would have been welcome.
Citrussy smoke, seaweed, tiny bit of brine, slight tobacco
Peppery arrival, smoke, tar, very light in body
The smoke lingers somewhat but a short finish overall
- Pretty tastefull, not very complex. The cheese flavours are quiet remarkable.
Some peat, ash smoke, then slowly some fruitiness comes in, citrus. Floral, and even cheese now, salty.
A small sal ammoniac kick at the start, 'Lacrisal', light peppers, salty, some smoke and peat. Cheese again, a bit fruity still, oranges. And sweet, honey.
Very slightly pungent, salty and some smoke left. Sweet, honey, again this hint of cheese. Middle long finish.
- So either today I have a really bad day or it is really young and superficial. No idea - today's not enough for more than 73 points.
Strong cold smoke. And some alcohol. After a long smell then some maritime notes (more algae than seawater). I do not have fruits here.
Creamy, soft smoke. Very pleasant. Then spices and this maritime. Maybe some wood. I do not have any more.
In short, only smoke.
- On the nose it is a beautiful fine peat accompanied by some fruits and iodized notes. In the mouth well controlled alcohol peat present but not dry, some fruit a little fat and sugar with a good salinity. A whisky really not complicated but well done. Perfect for starting a line up on peat. Lack a little complexity to go higher but in style it's perfect.
- Nose: Peat first then floral nose, typical of Bunnahabhain, fine and chiseled. Effluves of meat. Peat not too invasive. Mouth: peat and salt have somewhat trampled the aromas so fine Bunna 12 years but I still find these emotions of the time with a smile. Some notes of fruit at the end of the mouth that will enchainer on ... ... the Finale: long and very salty. Enthusiasm 4/5
- Joa, could be anything from Islay in a young bourboncask, nothing special.
Interesting nose, has something very cheesy, behind it is then pretty own poppy smoke, almost a little in the Laphi direction with some iodine, salt is there, a few herbs such as rosemary and thyme, fresh tangerine a bit and green apple, Heather grass and some hay, old campfire long extinguished
Here too he reminds me almost more of Ardbeg or Laphi than Bunna, very dry, already clear iodine here and the sea salt, chalk, dry branches washed up, autumn leaves, dry coffee powder, thyme, oregano, a bit of nutmeg
Dry, salty, coffee beans, oak, herbs, light honey, pepper, medium-long
- Drink this one with different cheese. A perfect match. Delicious!!!
- Nose: peat, tangerine, oranges, black pepper.
Taste: peat, smoke, dry ash, oak, black pepper
Finish: long, dominated by the ash from a dry dry bonfire and black pepper.