- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 05 years old
- New American Oak Barrels
- 47.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 10 Oct 2016 9:19 am by holborndrinker
0 × in wishlist
30 × member ratings
51 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Adnams Triple Malt
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 73.64 points
- Triple Malt = three malted grains (60% wheat, 30% barley and 10% oats)
- Solid part, even goes in the direction of delicious, if you like the sweetness. You can tell, that he is not the oldest, a bit edgy he is still, but sprittig / biting / metallic there is nothing more, for 5 years is already very OK.
Blind, I would have typed a successful German representative.
very sweet, slightly spicy, gingerbread, honey, coconut, cinnamon
see nose, but sweeter, with milk chocolate and a touch of pepper
medium length, dark chocolate, oak, slightly peppery-warm
- Southwold English Distillery in Suffolk.
Three types of malt, 60% wheat, 30% barley and 10% oats were used for this whisky.
Aroma: Cucumber pickle, honey, candy "sweet", dill, malt, flowers. (84 pts)
Taste: Relatively strong and intense in taste, full of fresh wood and once again feel the pickle from cucumbers. Creamy, white chocolate aftertaste. (84 pts)
Summary: My opening shot at the Whisky Festival Radebeul 2019.
- It is drinkable I suppose (just), almost like a preprandial, prepandial if you will. For the money you could buy something decent, not much for your money on show here.