- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- American Single Malt
- American Oak
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Imported by Bresser & Timmer
- Added on
- 06 Oct 2016 11:45 am by Bachess
2 × in wishlist
28 × member ratings
44 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Westland American Oak
3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.57 points
- Very bourbon and rye’ish. The virgin oak had quite some influence on this Westland. I find it quite tasty though with loads of vanilla, coconut, maple syrup, nougat and wood spices. Don’t add water, it destroys it.
- Very well done and nice, but a little too clean and smooth for my taste. Distillery to follow, certainly
- Especially the nose was satisfying, and as a whole the whiskey works too, although I feel the palate lacks a bit of balance with just a bit too much spiciness.
Lovely sweet virgin oak and bourbon influences. Nougat, coconut shavings and vanilla, with a touch of glue and varnish (getting a bit stronger with time). Whiffs of chocolate and orange peel.
Very rum-like. Citrus peel, yellow raisins and plenty of spice. And again oranges and chocolate.
Again, pretty sweet. Chocolate and oranges, as well as coffee. Medium in length.