- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Caribbean Rum
- Stated Age
- 21 years old
- Caribbean Rum Cask Finish
- Cask Selection 23
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml 700 ml 700 ml 750 ml
- Added on
- 29 Sep 2016 8:43 am by Breedút_Genietsje
2 × in wishlist
190 × member ratings
419 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenfiddich 21-year-old
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.89 points
- Quite an extravagant Glenfiddich, a lot of fruits but also some tobacco and tasty chocolate. Maybe a bit to weak (well, its just 40% ABV).Concerning price/performance ratio: 7/10
Tropical fruits (banana, pineapple), yellow fruits (lemon and oranges), light smoke, caramel, some herbs, some chocolate.
Again: Tropical fruits (banana, pineapple), oranges, light smoke, caramel, some chocolate.
Medium. Oak, chocolate, tobacco, some fruits.
- a great whisky, the leather and tobacco notes inspire me
Leather, tobacco, light spiciness, malt, liquorice, eraser and pineapple are added later
soft on the palate, pepper, again leather, tropical fruit (mango?), oak
medium to long, malt, good tobacco !, sweetness that is getting stronger, oak comes to the end
- It is a pity of the low ABV, it has some potential, but is now too much watered down and everything is just a bit too much in the background.
Sweetish, spicy some toffee and wood. Little delicate, weak nose.
Clear rum influence, sweetness dominates with brown sugar, caramel, creme brulee, which show. Somewhat more present tones, but remains a little light.
Pretty short and very drying. Somewhat smokiness in the aftertaste. Light fruit tones.