- Single Grain
- Scotch Malt Whisky Society (SMWS)
- Bottling serie
- The Texan tea party
- Stated Age
- 31 years old
- Refill Ex-Bourbon Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 59.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml 750 ml
- Added on
- 21 Sep 2016 6:05 pm by Armando
one in wishlist
0 × member ratings
11 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Girvan 1984 SMWS G7.10
3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of points
- 1st impression fresh after opening the bottle: lots of alcohol in the nose. 2nd impression on the second day: better. Less alcohol, a lot of wood but also a lot of sweetness ... 3rd day: a lot of wood but also sweet ... not a simple whiskey (or Grain) but the first unpleasant impression (alcoholic pungency) lays down slowly. .... stay tuned ... review will follow in a few days.
- The only thing wafting here from this SMWS tasting note is bullshit :)
- SMWS Tasting Notes
Flavour profile: Spicy and sweet
Colour: Uncompromising gold
The hot air was filled with spicy sandalwood aromas from the sawdust on the floor and the sun-bleached fencing around the rodeo stadium on which perched new leather saddles waiting their turn. A delicious smell wafted from the stand selling vanilla ice cream, marzipan and banoffee pie with oodles of caramel sauce, toffee and custard. Beside the homemade spiced plum chutney stall we were surprised to find mulled wine mingling with oak casks containing Rye whisky and vanilla and coconut infused Bourbon, which after adding a few drops of water became even sweeter and more spicy.
Drinking tip: Before heading out on the high plains