- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Hand-filled at the distillery
- 1st Fill Sherry Puncheon
- 56.1 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 19 Sep 2016 10:45 am by Eneloop2009
13 × in wishlist
57 × member ratings
110 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 2004
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.27 points
- For a 2004er has the properly barrel influence.
Heavy and dark fruit notes, lots of red grape, slightly sulphurous. Spices in the background, working forward, especially pepper, cloves, anise. The weight of the fruit changes with time, it gets a little easier on the nose. Now also dried fruits like plums and raisins. Dark chocolate, coffee beans.
Strong and creamy on the go, milk chocolate floods the mouth. Slightly bitter oak, meadow herbs. Freshly brewed coffee, strong and black. The harsh oak pushes forward and forward, the fruit notes remain undifferentiated. It may well be a good portion of ripe red grapes, almost fermented, be there.
Medium long, dry, a good portion of oak, the spices now milder, some blood orange.
- Not your typical heavy dark sherried glendronach. A 1st fill sherry puncheon at 12 years old gives quite a young nose. Good thing is that the spirit still has it's voice. A good dram but not the best value for money bottle out there.
Sweet sultanas, oakiness, sweet oranges, touch of honey, a small apricotes and dark chocolate. Nougat
Quite strong wood influence, strange to see that this is a 1st fill cask. After letting is breath for some time this softens and it become more gentle. Forrest fruits, brambless, chocolate. Oranges, ginger. Cinnamon.
Medium finish, cacao and lot's of it. Dark chocolate... a thin finish
- Last Bottle (#577) was filled on 18/04/2017. Next cask will be a 2005.