- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- 45.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 19 Sep 2016 8:12 am by Delinquent
0 × in wishlist
37 × member ratings
70 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Talisker 10-year-old
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.23 points
- Q: pink gold N: yellow fruits - apricot ?, some alcohol, closed G: light body, very sweet, some smoke, barely fruit, some vanilla A: long, sweet, fruity + H2O: even sweeter: way too sweet! Best suited for generation snowflake! René Magritte would say: "Trahison! Ceci n'est pas un Talisker "
- No maritime notes, no brine, no iodine, no smoke, just ultra sweet pineapple fruitiness!
Oh Talisker, where hav' ye gone?!
- Very good and classic island whisky taste. has notes of freshness but peat as well. Has nice and long finish.
I like the nose very much. Nice smoke flavors and fruitiness. In the mouth a nice oily note with smoke, fruit and quince. Then salt, pepper and spices. Unfortunately, a very short dry finish.
- A decent dram and for the money you get an interesting taste experience.
Coastal - like the smell of the sea rather than seaweed. Quite an enticing smell.
All the good things from the sea - like a mermaid's tears rather than some manky old fish. Warming on the palate.
Long - the slightly higher strength gives it a decent punch.
- A nice whisky for people who still have to get acquainted with sea and peat. But for those who love it, it is just too light. Certainly not bad whisky, but he feels a bit like the little sister of the big brothers on Islay.
The nose is slightly salty and slightly smoky with a hint of leather and fruit.
The palette is flat until you let in some oxygen. Wait a little longer with swallowing, followed by a nice peppery surprise.
Pepper and sweet leather.