- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask
- Stated Age
- 24 years old
- Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 56.6 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of La Maison du Whisky
- Added on
- 15 Sep 2016 9:48 pm by Amsterdam
46 × in wishlist
75 × member ratings
110 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 1992
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 92.31 points
- The best Glendronach single cask I've tasted. A beautiful blend of bitter orange, dried fruits, wood spice and a long finish with shades of chinotto. A perfectly balanced whisky.
- the best Glendronach Single Cask I had so far!
Maybe a bit overpowered by the Sherry Cask as there is not much of Glendronach left but it is simply a great cask!
- Chocolate-cherry pie with spices! Rotten cherry, sherry, raisins, orange, buckwheat honey, cedar, caramel, cream, toasted crust, bitter, tobacco, black bitter chocolate, old lacquered wood, leather, truffle, liquorice. Hematogen?
- Wow a really nice Glendronach, the standards are indeed good by the bank, but it starts then only really in the single Casks.
Roasted nuts, sherry, dark fruits, nice spicy, oak, chocolate, espresso, tobacco, slightly floral, peppermint, the nose is nicely intense and the alcohol is well integrated, the nut flavors give the command
strong onset, sweet with a potpourri of dark fruits, then come the roasted nuts, espresso, dark chocolate, then dry oak, slightly peppery, tearing, nice intense, the alcohol pushes the flavors well with water it gets a bit more supple, but no less intense, it gets along quite well
salty, hanuta, tart, grapefruit, oak, long-lasting and warming
- Have tasted quite many GD from the 90´s. Must say this is a very special bottling :)
- Very vinous, chocolatey, round. In the mouth too. High level.
- Tasting Note by LMDW (Whisky.fr):
Color: orange-colored copper with old gold reflections. Nose: fine, racy. A superb rancio red fruit (currant, raspberry) and apricot gives a lot of elegance to the first nose. It evolves on citrus (orange, mandarin) and toffee. With vigor, it becomes gradually nobly spicy (saffron, cumin) and tertiary (truffle, mousse). Beeswax and encaustic notes add sparkle to the aromatic palette. Mouth: firm, authoritarian. The attack on the palate is so lively that you have to leave time for the taste palette to put itself in place. At this stage, we feel more sensations than we feel. When she decided to open, the mouth offers jumble: melon, candied citrus fruits, pears, red and black fruits, camphor, heady flowers, exotic fruits (mango), cinnamon, coffee, heady flowers ... Final: long, inexhaustible. Roasted nuts, crushed almonds, rhubarb jam, noble spices (coriander, cardamom), licorice stick, chocolate, new heady flowers (reseda, hyacinth) are linked body and soul at the end of mouth . The retro-olfaction is floral (tulip), minty and spicy (star anise, clove). The empty glass shows itself so heady that perfumes of camphor and turpentine emerge from the glass.