- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Reserva Rum Cask Finish
- Stated Age
- 21 years old
- Rum Cask Finish
- Batch 41
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 200 ml 200 ml 700 ml 700 ml 700 ml
- Added on
- 08 Sep 2016 9:23 am by John Barleycorn
12 × in wishlist
175 × member ratings
594 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenfiddich 21-year-old
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.55 points
Malt motifs, dough, fresh grass, broken branch, cotton candy, vanilla, creamy toffee, sawdust and dust, fruit gum, light perfumery. 22
Medium-bodied, moderately sweet. Watery, but somewhat stinging. Black pepper and other spices, creamy caramel, sugar water, woody tannins, citrus zest, alcoholic bitterness. twenty
Medium in length, tannin, with the presence of alcoholic bitterness. 20
The whisky is certainly good, but the price / quality ratio is depressing. Balance 21
- A real disappointment for the asked price. Talk about "delicate" and "elegant" all you want, but I did not even find extraordinary complexity. At the end of the day you need flavors. Bottled @46+% abv. probably way better though the cask composition or quality in itself is not top notch imho. Def try before you buy.
- very soft and round, one of the best Rum Finished Malts in my opinion. looks very harmonious. But could use a few percent more. Nice nose only then, unfortunately, less complex on the palate and in the finish
- If you don't hope for anything special, a cozy and nice to drink Glenfiddich. The taste is somewhat arbitrary, but the smell is really very nice and well worth discovering. Would be a great thing with a few% more.
extremely mild and sweet, the distillery character is still there. Slight smell of eucalyptus, vanilla and Christmas spices. The rum finish is very clear and pleasant, great aromas of banana and papaya develop. Class!
Unfortunately, the mouthfeel is fairly light and thin, so you can take bigger sips. Minimal taste of oak, plus vanilla, cinnamon, almonds, speculoos and bananas.
short and not very intense.
- Price devaluation for 40% ABV with 46%, he would certainly great
- Notes from a blind tasting: Mhhhh Nose is King - which is quite delicious - but then does not stick with his nose and on the palate he could bissl more steam for me.
round and fine, sweetened black tea with some mint, chamomile, dusty old oak - mild but aromatic, grapefruit ripe apricots, citrus and dried figs, and some orange - delicate but very delicious fruit notes - creamy caramel / custard sparkles from time to time
sweet and slightly astringent to furry, very mild - unspecific dried fruit sweetness with clear ginger-mint note - well-woven candied lemon - rather citronate with slight bitterness, dusty oak, a hint of tobacco - it tingles gently but unalcoholic on the tongue
subtle sweet spicy, quite long tobacco and pepper - oily / waxy film lies dry on the tongue
Tasting Note by The Chaps at Master of Malt
Nose: Barley sugar, malt, dark brown sugar, orange peels, marmalade, manuka honey, Chocolate, foam bananas.
Palate: Full, fruitcake, spices, buttery vanilla, malty. Oak.
Finish: Long, mochaccino, marmalade.