- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- 1st Fill + Refill Ex-Bourbon Casks
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 05 Sep 2016 10:34 am by dupontcedric16
8 × in wishlist
41 × member ratings
157 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Dalmore 2006
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.50 points
- It's just a dalmore.
Tones vanilla, caramel and wood.
The alcohol is best present.
Sultana, bastard suiker, karamel, citrus
- The spirit itself has good potential and the ABV helps things, but as with all Dalmores these days, it's just hollow. Seemingly poor casks, massive amounts of added colorant and chill-filtration don't help.
Stingy at first. After relaxing in the glass for a moment, sweet bourbon, a bit of oak, honey and sugary notes.
Again, very stingy at first. I'd guess the casks used aren't very high quality, since Dalmore's spirit has always been good quality. Gets significantly better with a little time and a 1/2 teaspoon of water. Sweet, vanilla, a hint of spice.
Fairly short and bitter. Gets better with water, but still short.
- APPEARANCE: Deep cognac colour. Obviously intensively coloured with caramel colour (as also stated on the bottle).
NOSE: Sweet bourbon notes jumping out of the glass; banana, dried coconut, sweet oak, toasted oak. Much better than many Bourbons - at being Bourbon! I love it. (89 Malt Whisky points (would have gotten 91 Bourbon points))
TASTE: The arrival is very bourbon like; sweet, caramel, maize. On the mid palate the sweet oak comes more to the fore, but it remains sweet rather than not peppery. And there’s quite a lot of it. But the taste is rougher and much less impressive than the nose (86p)
EXIT: There’s so much sweet oak wood that the exit is mainly about wading through sweet sawdust, until the finish crashes a bit with la lot of pepper and some ginger (i.e. too much young wood). (80p)
A fascinating whisky, which quality wise really is all over the place.
TOTAL SCORE: 85 points.
- 25-08-2018: I prefer the vintage 2007 (WB ID: 103727) over this one
some fruits, vanilla and sherry hints
peppery, vanilla, oak
- Quite fresh, on the vanilla from the bourbon cask. Flexible, very well integrated alcohol.
Whisky n ° 1236
- Nose on honey and cereals. Sweet mouth on the same profile, good integration. Short final. Presents little interest, not worth the price.
- Very nice malt not in sherry barrels "drowned" as usual at Dalmore. I really like.
strong vanilla, caramel, sweet
very soft and round, vanilla, grain, oak, nutmeg
medium long, coffee, chocolate, slightly bitter with oak at the end