- Whiskybase ID
- Distillery Bottling
- double charred first fill bourbon casks
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 03 Sep 2016 7:59 pm by Gepelan
18 × in wishlist
263 × member ratings
884 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Jameson Black Barrel
42 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 79.75 points
- Typical Jameson, but with a little more sherry flavors and a lot of bourbon sweetness (vanilla). In the taste creamy vanilla caramel and again sherry flavors. Finish is medium long, a bit oily. Vanilla stays for a long time. Maybe not the most complex Jameson, but highly recommended.
- The smell pleases, although he is not particularly complex. Unfortunately, the slight alcohol touch bothers something despite only 40%.
In the mouth you do not notice the alcohol, again lacks some depth, but the impression is harmonious.
The finish fits the overall impression.
I can drink the whiskey with pleasure, even if he lacks the tension. The famous Irish gentleness I search here but in vain.
Peach, behind it a little cherry, caramel, a little grassy, slightly alcoholic note
Light body, cool medium onset, quite sweet, again peach, malt, delicate bitterness, light touch of wood, grapes
A little more oak, again peach, caramel, tart beer, quite long
- This is marginal better towards to basic Irish offerings, provide deeper flavor, more fruit, longer finish. I do recommend skip all those and do yourself a favour and buy black label.At the same night drink along to Glenlivet 15, similar flavor profile, Jameson black is thinner, less depth, but similar on flavor wheel and on sales £25 compare to £37 I paid for a Glenlivet on sales as well is a good buy.
Spicy, red fruits, vanilla, butter, little bit nutty
Sweet, sour, thin on the palate
Salty, spicy finish
- Very good, typical Jameson with a bit more sweetness to it.
Complex, oak, vanilla, toffee, some sherry
Soft, vanilla, some red fruits, oakiness comes in, delicate bitterness at the end
Medium, oaky, some peach, caramel, biterness
- little complex, a lot of oak and vanilla. Ideal for cocktails
- A nice smooth whiskey, tastes almost like bonfire night in a bottle. Toffee apples, burnt wood. Caramel. Very different from most other whiskey's I've tried.