- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask
- Stated Age
- 21 years old
- Oloroso Sherry Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 47.9 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Bottled for
- Lateltin AG
- Added on
- 23 Aug 2016 9:52 pm by Attraktor
9 × in wishlist
39 × member ratings
52 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 21-year-old
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.75 points
- An attractive Springbank single Casks, and ranked in the top 3 cask from which came in 2016 on the market, in total 15 casks I think.
- Springbank tasting castle Dornoch 21/11/2017
N: nice sherry on the nose but locked aroma's (reduced: more fruit)
P: spice, slightly watery/thin, sweetness
F: light and drying
- The taste is pretty much the same as the German edition - same rating:
I could talk with somebody from the Springbank distillery during the WhiskySchiff 2016 event at the lake Zurich and it turned out that the release of all these single casks wasn't planned like this. The reason is mainly that the Springbank distillery didn't get the enough strong boxes for the regular 21yo bottlings and they had to change to a different packaging (light cardboard). With this they decided pretty much adhoc that they would also bottle the 21yo at cask strength. Thus this was probably a single event and there are no further single cask releases planned like this.
- This year Springbank decided to drive collectors crazy spreading 15 single casks – bottled at cask strength - around the world.
So far I know of 8: UK, USA, Belgium (The Nectar), Netherlands (Fourcroy), Italy, Switzerland (Lateltin), Taiwan and Germany (Hanseatische)
Please let me know if you know of more editions!