- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 16 Aug 2016 1:51 pm by vb_bembel
2 × in wishlist
39 × member ratings
88 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Hazelburn 10-year-old
13 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.17 points
Lemon zest, bourbon, salty air, roasted almonds, vanilla oil, mixed pepper, wood, cane sugar in the background, sour apples, dried summer fruits, pottpourie
Wood, malt, roasted almonds, vanilla somewhere in the background, pinapple, little hint of smoke/peat in the background. Danish cookies, rather not sweet ;-)
Dry, some lemon zest with smoke, bit intense with wax and oily textures, becoming dry towards the end
- Fresh, fruity, tropical, a bit of salt... Nice and easy whisky, a bit of bitterness at the end but not unpleasant... Price to value is great
- Balance sheet (22) Excellent molt, triple distillation did not spoil the ... ... I take off my hat (88)
The aroma is pleasant, fresh ... lemon, orange oil ... soft, tired fruits .. veil ... light biscuit-cream notes ... lemon sticks ... grass .... salt with herbs (22)
Lemon, creamy-woody ... (22)
Finish creamy, banana, lemon peel ... spice ... salt (22)
- A very pleasant Hazelburn, tropical fruits and wax at the end, as you might have expected.Concerning price/performance ratio: 9/10
Lemon, vanilla, tropical fruits (pineapple), apples, pears, caramel.
Lemon, vanilla, tropical fruits, some nuts.
Medium. Vanilla, very waxy (you may say oily)!, some minerals and light fruits
- So fresh, this would be perfect when it will be 30 degrees in the summer. The balance is astounding.
- Nose: Strong malty, honey, vanilla, and a hint of very fine smoke. Palate: Fruity bitterness (apple peel), honey, and vanilla. Final: The wood appears, rather dry. Verdict: A good starter masterclass, but dispensable (according to my personal criteria) in the absolute, because very classic and mainstream.