- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- New Label Design
- Added on
- 02 Aug 2016 4:46 pm by Cha.oZ
3 × in wishlist
83 × member ratings
217 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glen Grant The Major's Reserve
15 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 74.44 points
- Nose 20, taste 21, finish 19, balance 20
- Very sharp. Little depth. Good for by the coke.
- Easy drink without off-notes, cheap but good value.
Lots of white fruit with a soft floral undertone, ending with a bit of malt. Noncomplex but agreeable.
White fruit remains dominant, now joined by some wood, pretty dry and uninteresting. Obviously watered down.
Very short and dry, mostly nutty.
- Very cheap - very young - very easy!
light, fruity (green apple, pear), some malt;
Soft onset, fruity (apples, grapes), subtle spiciness, young and simple, but without off-flavors!
very short, fruity finish;
- Flavor is very weak with elements of caramel, vanilla, flowers and prunes. Taste has notes of oak and flowers. Finish is weak, malty and vanilla.
Actually it is simple but pleasant whisky just to drink and relax.
- Provides for its price more than I expected. No miss notes, uncomplicated, alcohol relatively well integrated. In the long run to one-dimensional, but as a calibration dram, for savers or beginners a good choice. Many NAS blends are preferable.
Malt, honey, pear, lemon, fresh, light
Cereals, apple, pear, oak, light biter on the tongue
Short, soft, dry, hazelnut
- This was from a fresh bottle but it tastes like 30% rather than 40%.I know its cheap, light & fresh and not supposed to be complex but in reality it was just far too weak to be enjoyable, it tastes like someone has already put far too much water in it.