- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Cask Strength - Miniature
- Bourbon Cask
- 58.0 % Vol.
- 50 ml
- Added on
- 01 Aug 2016 10:55 am by Fight65
2 × in wishlist
10 × member ratings
14 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Abhainn Dearg Single Malt Scotch Whisky
4 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 37.25 points
- Pulles the esophagus together. Only Nemiroff Honey Pepper burns more.
- Ironically it taste like something way past it's "best before" date.
Most aspects of it improves with water, but still leaves a lot to be desired before I ask for a refill.
Light caramel. Cereal.
Old dry cardboard.
Quite a bit of new make caracter still there.
Water make it a lot sweeter and a bit floral.
Strange mix of everything.
It's metalic, it's cardboard, it's barley, it's fish oil.
A disturbing concoction of oddness.
Water brings everything down and sort of together.
Almost recognizable as whisky.
Quite oily and sticky, with most of the body carrying over, the worst parts sticking the longest.
The over all taste benefit from water, the finish... well, it's not as unpleasant. It's mostly astringent cardboard now, and not sticking as much.
- The strong alcohol strength is almost too much. He gets better with water. Amazingly oily, but overall still too young and immature.
Sweet, malty, grainy, lacking body, some cardboard, but with time some fruit, albeit undefined. With water, the nose becomes very sweet and fruity. Not bad at all.
Strong, malty, bitter, cardboard. Add some pepper and, above all, sweeter with water.
some malt, some liquorice, warming, and not so short. With water even sweeter here.
- A young cask-starch brand that does not yet deserve to be called whisky.
Freshly cut barley, pungent alcohol, smells like a high percentage of schnapps.
initially tastes like a plum or mirabelle schnapps. After that comes an unpleasant taste of burnt plastic. Tastes awful !!
no comment ...... first whisky that I could not finish drinking.