- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Wood Finish Series
- Stated Age
- 21 years old
- Bourbon Barrels + Tawny Port Casks Finish
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 26 Jul 2016 11:46 am by Andre Lautensack
27 × in wishlist
150 × member ratings
319 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for BenRiach 21-year-old Tawny Port Finish
19 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.25 points
- BenRiach 21 Tawny Port Cask Finish (46%). Consumed July 2019. Aroma has some grapey notes, raisins, cherry pit, notes of mixed berry jam, with some custard notes. Taste is vanilla and oak, breathy boozy linger, some jammy berry fruits, certainly very rich, trifle is prominent, oak rises up through everything. Pretty special stuff. Very enjoyable. (3.85/92)
Compact sweet, cherry syrup, orange candy, cocktail cherries, slightly sour notes, buttery, a little spice. Looks younger than he is to the nose.
Different than expected, thin, sour, fruity, spicy, herbs, green tea, chocolate.
Long and tangy with an oak spice that, together with the thin mouthfeel, creates an impression of alcoholic sharpness.
- A decent whisky but not what I would deem a good price to age to quality ratio. Could have used a little more Port influence. Not overly integrated and harmonious. This was near the end of the bottle.
Buttery, soft sage, Lemond curd, oakwood, ripe red fruit, dates, a bit musty but not unpleasant, cherry syrup and butterscotch.
A little quiet, flinty, vanilla, oak, sweets, red fruit, herbaceous with very faint peat in the background, a touch perfumy, thin butterscotch, lemon curd, chocolate raspberries and ginger spice.
Finishes a bit flat footed and bitter.
- A typical port (after) ripening in the nose. Great red fruit notes, raspberry, cherry, cranberry. The taste comes through the 21 years, full, spicy, chocolate, with 46% perfectly adjusted. In the finish balanced seasoning, fruits come through again later, here currant in the foreground.
Not too challenging, delicious!
- Quite a disappointment for a 21 year old. I would not try again.
- In the nose somehow a lot younger than he is. A sour, fresh nose. In the mouth then not very voluminous. Again sour notes. In addition a sharpness, which acts alcoholic.
Nope. It's not for me and I do not need it again.
- Had higher expectations.
Faint whispering sherry
Orange marmalade ginger