- Single Malt
- Signatory Vintage (SV)
- Bottling serie
- The Un-Chillfiltered Collection
- Stated Age
- 19 years old
- Number of bottles
- 50.9 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- The bonding dram, single malt whisky shop & prima vinum
- Added on
- 27 Jun 2016 2:05 pm by McBarn
6 × in wishlist
32 × member ratings
37 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Clynelish 1996 SV
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.42 points
- Signature Clynelish, perhaps not the best clynelish of that age that I had so far but it is certainly really good value for money.
Typical clynelish nose with a lot of bees wax. Some shoe polish too. Quite some fruityness like green apples, grapefruit and lime. Some honey and malt in there too.
Again an unmistakable clynelish signature with a lot of bees wax and quite a large viscosity. Again a lot if citrus fruit, now I'm having a lot more lemons and a lot of green apples as well. Some pineapple on the background to complete the fruit basket.
Medium finish, beeswax stays in the mouth. A small peppery aftertaste dies out quite slowly in the mouth.
- The nose is nice, typical Clynelish but after that I got some unpleasant notes in this whisky. It also lacks complexity and fruitiness.
- Very big on beeswax and waxy texture. It gives a full texture in the mouth which is always nice! A good summer dram to enjoy outside.
- It's pretty rare to meet a bad Clynelish, I think. And it is not yet this time that I will be able to write "yuck". This selection is a very good Clynelish, very typical of the distillery. No (bad) surprise, the quality is at the rendezvous.
A mixture of green apple, squeezed lemon, iodized smoke, and beeswax. White grapes and honey are invited to the party. A typical nose, but my faith very pleasant.
The honeyed fruitiness takes over. Grapes, apples, and lemons; all coated with sweet syrup. A pinch of salt twirls here and there steadily. A hint of varnish for furniture after a while.
Piquant spices grow, along with the saline wave. The fruits fade, leaving a slight fruity dryness behind them.
- This Clynelish is a pleasant whisky, dangerously drinkable and very smooth. It does border on being boring though, the wax is a bit too pronounced for me. I’m sure Clynelish fans will love this though.
I only have a sample, but I imagine there are bees inside the actual bottle. It’s full of luscious beeswax. A confectionary note as well, tutti frutti. Some honey, faint hints of mango and grass and a touch of flowers.
The wax carries on in the mouth. Accompanied by honey and vanilla. Some melon notes add some sweetness, with time, the faintest hints of pepper come out.
Well… you probably expected this: more wax. Some hints of flowers join this medium long finish.