- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- The Revival - Vol. II
- Stated Age
- 13 years old
- Bourbon + Ex-Calvados Barrels Finish
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 26 Jun 2016 7:45 pm by holborndrinker
13 × in wishlist
96 × member ratings
168 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Teeling 13-year-old
17 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.54 points
- Nice whisky, very pleasant especially on the nose. Palate is very spicy but tasty, giving lovely fruity notes. Quite pricey expression from Teeling but worth if not buying then tasting for sure.
Tender, floral, creamy, a lot of vanilla, honey, apricots, overripe yellow pears, lychees, soft toffee, sweet oranges, hint of oak
Sweet, very spicy (peppers, ginger), fruit bubblegum, banana, oatmeal, notes of oak, lemon peel
Short, mouthwatering, slightly nutty and sweet, porridge, oak notes
- This is an easy fresh apple. Actually tastes good enough, just extremely lack of complexity and boldness.
- Don't buy this if you don't like brandy.
Honey sweet, malty, loads of apples, hint of almonds. The apples are no surprise after being finished for 12 months in 250 litre ex-Calvados French apple brandy casks.
Rich in honey and vanilla first, thick but smooth and easy going. More spices than expected from the nose. Powerful but light body. A lot of the calvados taste in here, but I don't say it's bad to drink because I like to drink calvados too.
Slowly drying out with a Little bitter orange and dry oak.
- I join Mr. Edradour, both in judgement and explanation.
I very much like Teeling single malts and I enjoyed the regular, decently priced single malt as well as many of the more expensive single cask/cask strength expressions (the white burgundy, cabernet sauvignon and madeira casks especially).
Compared to these expressions this one is a bad disappointment, even without regarding the high price. The best thing with this expression is the luxurious packaging, I'm sorry. For over 90 Euros, this one is a bummer.
- On the whole not bad .. Had not many Irish whiskys. I liked it a lot ... as Good Night Trunk :-)
- An interesting attempt that personally sat down to me, although it is true that for someone it can be too much to calvados
Very interesting scent - it most reminds you of noxious juice, apple compote, a bit of matolin and woodiness + very fine spiciness
Calvados is strongly felt, ie. mainly apples, woodiness, the background is milk and medium-soft spiciness with occasional appetizing juices of ripe red apples and tropical fruit
In reverberation again apples, woodiness, cereals and growing cinnamon spiciness ₊ decaying light (and tolerable) bitterness