- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Chardonnay Cask Finish
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 11 Jun 2016 9:13 am by Odessit
0 × in wishlist
74 × member ratings
155 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glen Moray Elgin Classic - Chardonnay Cask Finish
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 78.25 points
- Strange whisky with rather unpleasant sour nose on my taste. White wine is easily recognizable but the whisky with a wine smell... weird, isn't it? Interesting to taste but I wouldn't buy a full bottle.
Sour, white wine, green apples, grapefruit, lemon dessert, hints of honey and melon
Spicy, sour apple, lemon zest, vanilla
Short, dry, nutty
- You do not have to.
Grapes, tangerines, honey. Pretty thin.
Very soft, fruity with some oak. The wine barrel goes through well.
Short, dry and with grape taste.
- On the palate and the finish a terrible meaty-soapy touch.
- It isn’t bad, maybe the palate is too light and the finish too short.
At first sniff there is some leather and chocolate, but that becomes sweet and fruity. Apples, grapefruit, malt, cinnamon, some nutty notes, walnuts and something of butterscotch (“boterbabbelaars”)
A slight prickle, watery, some spirity notes. Fruity, oranges, grapefruit,, some chocolate and coffee, nutmeg, grapes. It has a hint of white wine.
Not too long, some woody notes, chocolate, nutmeg. There is a fresh note, gin-like, juniper and at the back there are some fruity notes, apples and peach.
- Too young and not a lot there to talk about.
Fresh and fruity sweetness.
Light spices and ripe pear.
Short sweet finish.