- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Private Cask Bottling
- Calculated age
- 09 years old
- Sherry Hogshead
- 58.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Hunter & Carol-Ann
- Added on
- 06 Jun 2016 9:45 pm by GlenSikkes
20 × in wishlist
26 × member ratings
41 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bruichladdich 2006 - Òrain Òr
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.50 points
- Fassteilung with Drumfool Bottling, W.ID: 86138.
- 90. For 9 years, just a miracle.
Nose: a powerful blow to the receptors - dried fruits, caramel syrup, raisins, blue vitriol ... in one word pereresyatina))))
Taste: sherry, wine, warm, honey, toffee, sandalwood ...
Finish: ooooo, this is for a long time ... pereheresyatina in action)))
- the dirty 666 knocks off a few points for my palate. apart from the 666, very nice.
- Balance sheet (22.5)
Cool whisky, for nine years just great .... with the flavor you can sit endlessly. (90)
A little sulfur at the start, dried fruits, spices ... raisins in the dust ... nuts ... citrus note ... tablets ... berries in wine ... jelly ... taffy ... orange jelly ... exotic fruit (22.5)
The taste is powerful, wine, sweet fruit and tobacco, pepper and a little salt ... not a washed animal???? (22.5)
Finish spicy, tobacco and plum ... caramels and strawberry jam and cream (22.5)
- review on ScotchWhisky.com 8.9 / 10 :NOSEBig and very exotic. Filled with a mix of dark fruits – fried black cherry is foremost – then a savoury spiciness of calamus, caraway and cumin mixed with hot adobe, a deliciously singed quality, shoeshine stand, then Walnut Whip. Water summons forth the Laddie oils, alongside scented wood and incense. PALATEThat thick black fruit sweetness continues on the tongue as the cherry and Sherry tussle with each other. The tannins are supple, just adding some control to the lush, savoury sweetness. Bittersweet and fascinating. FINISHI was struggling to place this oddly familiar bittersweet element when it struck me: it’s like a whisky-based Antica Formula. What a Rob Roy this would make! CONCLUSIONI popped into the Islay Whisky Shop just to say hello to Sally Christie and, during the inevitable conversational mayhem which ensued, I left with a bottle of this. I can’t resist a Sherry hoggie. Every home should have one of these. RIGHT PLACE, RIGHT TIMESipping communion wine after Mass. Incense still hanging in the air.