- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Warehouse 9 - Hand Filled Exclusive
- Stated Age
- 08 years old
- 1st Fill Oloroso Sherry Butt
- 60.2 % Vol.
- 200 ml
- Distillery visit = filling date may vary
- Added on
- 06 Jun 2016 4:17 pm by SteveW110
7 × in wishlist
43 × member ratings
93 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bunnahabhain 2007
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.51 points
- from my brother's birthday. Some of the best Bunnahabhain has to offer.
- Without water almost brutal. A few drops of water take the brute, but still leave enough intensity.
Very intense Bunna, who has received a lot of good on tap. Blind, I would guess the twice as old.
Clearly audible smoke immediately after opening the sample vial. After waiting in the Snifter: Fats Sherrynase, dark fruits, oily, somehow also "dirty". Underlaid by slightly dry Rauchnote.Der high alcohol content is quite noticeable with neat bizzles in the nose noticeable.
Some water makes the smoke stand out more clearly.
Thick, sweet, and strong in the mouth. Seasoning and alcohol prove the tongue. I can not detect smoke here. Wonderfully oily with water.
Fairly long, quite sweet, warm, with light smoke in between.
- Great Bunna experience where the Cask killed the distillery but the taste and quality counts and for 8 years it is simply great. I love it!
Cherry chocolate &
Dark fruits. The alcohol is not perfectly implemented but doesn’t harm as it has a dirty touch even without any huge smoke influence
Nevertheless the peaty part is there even if it is very decent!
The youth and high alcohol carries a lot of taste again of cherries and chocolate. Some honey sweetness comes through after awhile. Nice!
Oily and thick you can have this dram for minutes in your mouth! Hilarious!
And there is the dirty part back but also not negative. A very aggressive finish which lasts very long and the smoke underlines this great performance !
- Stunning quintessential Bunnahabhain! Thick, rich oily, monster of a dram. Stacks of peat smoke monster meats sherry bomb with a twist of Bunny 'rubberyness'. Thinking of the standard Bunny's (12 & 18s and especially some of the recent NAS bottlings) - this barrel I imagine - would be the type that you'd use to blend (in small quantities) and flavour lesser barrels.
- Really good level of peat and smoke and the sweetness and fruity flavors - definitely one of the best Warehouse 9 bottlings - currently my favorite
Sweet, peaty, oaky, raisins, milk chocolate - great
Very very oily, thick, mellow, very good balance of the peat, oak and sweetness, a lot of dark fruits, coffee, hints of toffee, tobacco, cigares - fantastic
Long and warm, intense oak notes, dark chocolate - very good