- Single Malt
- Daily Dram (DD)
- Bottling serie
- Undercover No 1
- Stated Age
- 14 years old
- Number of bottles
- 53.1 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 19 May 2009 8:58 pm
4 × in wishlist
46 × member ratings
40 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Undercover 1994 DD
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.41 points
- Undisclosed Ardbeg.
- 22 22 21 22
very cute and drinkable
- N22 P22 F21 B22
- Ardbeg , nothing else to say
- More grass and pine that I'm used to expecting from Lagavulin. The style is closer to the 12yo releases than the 16yo.
- Very clear smoked herring in the nose, ashes and a little burnt rubber veil in the bottom. Sweet attack, powerful medium with a little wax. Long finish on ash and wax. Whisky quite explosive in the mouth, good magnitude. Good.
- http://www.weinkenner.de/2014/islay-blind-tasting-ein-sixpack-von-unserer-lieblingsinsel-34621/ Color: straw yellow
Nose: Dull and peaty, spicy salty lemon, marzipan cream, almonds and overripe banana - creamy peat character with fruity aromas.
Taste: Salty, maritime fruity notes of pineapple, papaya, green apple and prominent lemon. Slightly tart (nettles and peppers) and very salty. Notes of seaweed, old ship dew and some cinnamon get through as well.
Finish: Long. Sweet-salty and dull-fruity, with lemons and orange extract, dull peat bales and tart herbs.
89 points (nose: 89 / taste: 90 / finish: 87)
- Second Rating (Blind Tasting): 89P
- Very good whisky. I have a doubt about the version I have tasted, compared to this one: http://www.whiskybase.com/whisky/32567/islay-1994-dd
Fine peat, lemon, medicinal plants, fresh orange zest. Very fragrant.
Syrup for cough, iodine, plants. Whole waxy, creamy, vanilla. Rather greedy.
A little land and ashes, plants and vanilla. More austere than the mouth.
- Hmm, very nice, with a nice balance in smoke, little punchy, some bitterness, briny and smooth on the tongue. For me a real stunner!