- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Open Day Bottling
- Stated Age
- 21 years old
- Refill Bourbon Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Bottled for
- Springbank Open Day 2016
- Added on
- 22 May 2016 9:59 pm by cfosterk
32 × in wishlist
50 × member ratings
54 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Longrow 21-year-old
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.00 points
- The single dram didnt do this justice. I opened and shared a bottle on IAAS as part of a tasting of 20 year old plus SB variations. Incredible dram when given a minimum 30 minutes in the glass. Knocks both OB 21s into touch. Such a clean fruity peat discrete whisky of the highest order - I'd love to try this at 25!!!
- more detailed note attached
- dram at ardshiel (£19.50)
wow! rhubarb - with custard, rhubarb pie, stewed...then lemons and peat. quite organic with floral meadows. this beast keeps changing...
lots of various lemon - oil, pith, seeds, juice, pulp. they appear seperately and in waves. Peat is evident obviously and ashes. not harsh though, lots of alcohol tingle on the tip of the tongue.
really nice thick mouth feel. a little herbal with some sage and then some spices, nutmeg, white pepper. the lemon and peat keep coming back....
really long finish. lemon and ashes. some smoke, peat. slightly astringent in a great way - i want more!!
- Balance 23 It's tasty, what you need on the first day of autumn ... like a smoky but so creamy and light!
Light peat ... citrus candy ... sweet .. cream and sponge cake (capcake) ... a pinch of spices and vanilla ... 23
Ashes and fruits ... buttery ... sweet ... 22
Sweet ... cream ... slightly peppery ... orange peel ..grown match ... 23
- Light color,
exiting dram, floral, very deep and complex. very long. add water is a must on this soft and full beauty. excellent