- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Feis Ile 2016 Release
- Stated Age
- 08 years old
- Oloroso Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 56.6 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 22 May 2016 11:23 am by mds51
10 × in wishlist
101 × member ratings
145 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Kilchoman 2007
22 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.67 points
- incredibly delicious and pretty complete for 8 years. Greasy, oily and lots of bums! I like it very much!
- very alcoholic and wild, for me too young and unbalanced - not my thing
Smokehouse, caramel, very sprit, behind the alcohol wall, a sweet fruit sweetness holds its own
smoky, somewhat algig, caramel sweetness, alcoholic spicy and peppery
medium in length with a touch of natural nuances
- Craftsmanship solid work, yet this malt lacks the complexity. From that, the price can not really be justified. That's where Feis Ile and the hype associated with this malt will benefit. Kilchoman has since Sherrymalts as a standard running, which are cheaper and also do not have to hide from this here. However, a plus point is the cask strength which invites to experimenting.
- Smoke and sherry are there, though more smoke like sherry. On the whole a nice round malt, although the alk is a bit too much. Be it in the nose, in the mouth or on the palate. Oranges, campfire smoke but also something indefinable resonates with it. Does this perhaps have something to do with youth? Without the addition of water, this malt has an oily mouthfeel. From the price of this malt is rather high for what he offers. Sure, Feis Ilse Edition = collector's item.
- [June, 2016] I had this dram during a "Feis Ile 2016" tasting at Bonn.In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50
- 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 85. I took no detailed notes as this whisky did not interest me.
- F: dark gold N: Sherry, sweet and spicy, light smoke, fruit that turns into soap G: sweet sherry, alcohol, undefinable fruit soap A: long, soap - plastic - sweat + H2O: totally disgusting now, reminiscent of the 1984 Samaroli Bowmore # 4765
- Fatty sherry but restrained smoke, a noticeable sulfur / gum note and the metallic note in the nose confused but makes him character strong. Tasty, no question, but lacks the complexity I've had with other younger Kilchomans. But that's complaining at a very high level
Alcohol tingles in the nose, then leather, light gum flavor and appears a bit metallic, but not disturbing, then restrained BBQ smoke, dried fruit, malt, tobacco and herbs
strong dry sherry, some alcohol, then the BBQ smoke, ashen, but the metallic is completely gone here, leather, black tea, dried fruit, especially raisins
The smoke wafts around the sherry aroma, for a very long time only a hint of oak, dry-ending
- A great Oloroso-Torfer.
Sweet, greasy, barbecue, a little sulfur. The flavors fan out with water, the whisky is sweeter, you can guess the sherry, dark fruit, a grassiness is added and the sulfur is more intense.
Ashen, burnt rubber, very violent without water, somehow grassy, peaty and violent. With water: sweet sherry, a nice pepperiness, vanilla, oak undefinable fruits. A nice aroma game.
Menthol, bitterness, peat, only with time a tender sweet, remains on peat and tart oak. With water, it sounds like pepper, a nice sweet and only at the end take the harsh aromas out of hand. In addition a lot of nice peat smoke.