- Single Malt
- The Whisky Fair (WF)
- Stated Age
- 35 years old
- Refill Sherry Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 48.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 13 May 2016 3:13 pm
21 × in wishlist
104 × member ratings
83 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Caperdonich 1972 WF
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.69 points
A roasted maltiness like in a stout beer. A fatty fruitiness like papaya. Honey. Later straw and fig. Eventually floral soap, lots of it.
Roasted malt, honey, papaya and a little caramel. With water more vegetal and a tad of vanilla.
Malt, honey, peanut and raspberry. Then a dry, musty chestnut style taking over.
- One of the famous Caper fruit bombs from 1972! Most recently only the great old Speysiders from 1973 can compete with this one. If Caperdonich wasn't closed I would start believing that some of those Speysiders are not as to be said from Glenfarclas but from Caperdonich.... - Anyhow, fantastic stuff!
Intense fruity, honey comb, tropical fruits, mango, passion fruits, pineapples, bananas and all that stuff, some fine oak wood, hints of vanilla, little citric too - excellent!
Caution - fruit bomb! a whole fruit basket, punchy, oily, creamy, good sweetness, well balanced wood notes, spices, little ppeer, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, etc. - superb!
Long and warm, a bit more spicy and zesty in the end
poil picotant mais très agréable dès le début. Beaucoup de cire, de fruits
(abricots en tête, citron un peu aussi), et de miel. Ça évolue très rapidement.
Bien que la cire et le miel restent, les fruits deviennent un peu plus
exotiques (bananes) dans un ensemble fondu et très cohérent avec de plus en
plus de notes résineuses. Très bien.
La texture est vraiment liquoreuse. C’est surprenant mais bien fait. Fondue, très très fruitée, un poil de bois accompagné de quelques épices et de tabac. Il y a surtout une belle tension en bouche qui permet de soutenir ce côté liquoreux.
Longue, très longue. On retrouve évidemment les fruits ainsi que les épices.
- Excellent old Caperdonich. Recommended.
Wow, very delicate, sweet, aromatic and fruity at first nosing! Notes of honey, melons, orange blossoms, orange cake and apricots. Some sandalwood as well. A superb nose.
Pleasant, sweet and fruity at first mouthfeel. Then becomes warming and spicy with notes of oranges and black tea. There is some oak coming up as well.
Long and peppery, becoming dry with notes of old wood in the aftertaste.
- Well done, but fairly monolithic on licorice (which is a taste that is not in my favorites). This strong influence of licorice, however, goes out of habit; which makes this whisky interesting to taste.
Ancestral nose of petrified varnish on yellow fruits. Dust too, it smells like "old".
Mouth clearly dominated by licorice wood, honey, and some green fruit jam.
Final short enough, always very strong on liquorice, in the continuity of the mouth.
- Ras Mazunga, you are right. But mostly there is not that great of a differance in the ratings. This one is more than good but there are better 72`s also.
- Excellent whisky; I just love it!
Very fruity, jammy. Excellent analysis of Dédé.
Melted and complex aromas
Relatively long on spices
- A caperdonich aging perfectly controlled, with a divine nose. If the mouth betrays its age, it does so with the elegance of a woman knowing she is sure of her charm. And with reason.
Expressive from the first nose, exuberant and fruity. Beautiful notes of strawberry and apricot jam, honey, wax, sweet citrus (clementine). It becomes more complex with aeration, with pine resin and incense, even a touch of polish. All these aromas are very well melted.
Powerful, it is very pleasantly fruity (peach, apricot). We also find the fresh and resinous notes of the nose. The wood brings a bitterness that frames and structures the mouth. Finally, the spicy flavor of clove, dosed here sparingly, raises the other aromas.
Long, it combines fruity sweetness and spicy heat (clove and pepper).