11 × in wishlist
33 × member ratings
29 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Linkwood 1992 CA
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.10 points
- Very drinkable and tasty, too. No big show, no overselling. Just a solid Linkwood. What's not to like about that? Full review (german): https://keinehalbendrinks.de/2020/09/28/noch-mehr-speyside-im-glas/
- The nose was such a grower, started off basic an lacklustre but gracefully develop into some solid.
The palate didn't live up to the nose an the finish was the ending nobody would wish for.
Butter and vanilla, notes of honeycomb creeping in. Some overripe pineapple which is starting to go soft and turning orange. Some hints of lemon and grassier elements join the party.
Big on the honeycomb with touches of toffee sweetness. A warming spice tingles the tongue with some added sour notes which start to hurt the better sweet notes.
Big on the sour oak, strong wood influence coming into play. Notes of the earlier sour lemon with a touch of burnt sugar end it off.
- terrible nose, but taste and finish are ok
grassy, butter, pears, honey, light rotten wood funk
light fruits, cream, butter, honey, grass, citrus
medium, spicy, creamy butter, pears, honey, roasted grains, smoke, slightly waxy, vanilla, light fruits and cream at the back followed by honey, citrus and smoke
- Tasted at Vroenhovense Whiskyfeesten 2017 1/13
- Nose: Vanilla, pear, light woody dust, freshly cut and juicy fruit. And even a little iodine, far off? Taste: Spices, vanilla, apple, lemony acidity, and caramelized waves. Finale: Peppermint lemon. Final powerful enough on spices that remain stuck to the gums. Verdict: A classic bourbon profile. The nose is great, especially during aeration. The mouth, very spicy, is less sexy.