- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Gordon & MacPhail (GM)
- Bottling serie
- Cask Strength
- Stated Age
- 15 years old
- Calculated age
- 14 years old
- Refill Sherry Casks
- 307849 + 307850
- 54.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- 27/01/16 160098
- Added on
- 14 Apr 2016 12:42 pm by Hare&Copper
8 × in wishlist
65 × member ratings
63 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Clynelish 2001 GM
13 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.19 points
- This is a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde but you see more of the doctor than you do of the mister.
- Tasting 06/11/2017:
Good whisky, interesting, rich, degree organic. Very tasty.
Saturated, floral honey, wax, sherry, a little smoke and meat, dry, turnips grated with honey, condensed milk and milk iris, apricot kernel, candied berries, semolina with jam, currants, raspberries, cranberry juice.
Honey, explosion of pepper and spices, ascorbic acid, condensed milk, honey, very thick in taste, sherry, again the concentration of berries (currants, raspberries), berry juice.
Continuation of taste, average, with sourness, berry theme and here steers, kiwi, gooseberry, juniper, dry, degree is shown.
- There's nothing to say, because I feel like I can't pick out any problems, but it's good to drink, right? Later, I found a problem. After drinking too much, the bitterness gradually came up, and some overwhelmed the other.
Dried dates, chocolate peanut butter, honey, milk coffee, red oak, firewood, lost paint and toffee, caramel, cookies.
Date flavored toffee, cherries, black chocolate, sweet malt, a little waxy and Italian herbal wine, oak, orange.
Long, warm, black and woody.
- Soft on the nose, otherwise quite a heavy puncher.
- Enjoyed this sample from karloff.
Reviewed neat, giving just the right ompf :-)
Gentle on the nose. Sweet wood notes, red fruits, chocolate topping, sprinkle of dry woodfire ashes.
Starts off dry and spicy. Then the arrival of a whole basket of mixed fruits, mostly red and ripe.
Double strenght espresso with pepper topping.
A long slow fading on sweet dark fruit.
- I was very disappointed with this to start off with but it has come back to win me over, a bit like Rocky and Apollo Creed, sort of.
Old wood that has been varnished, raspberry and loganberry, stewed red fruits, toffee apple, jammy dodger biscuit, some sort of solvent
At first it was literally undrinkable when I opened the bottle, even with water it wasn't pleasant at all, so I left it for a couple of months and it's helped, it's really opened up, it's still quite astringent but that's okay, there is plum, molasses, red apple skin, strawberries, sarsaparilla tablet sweets, black cherry and dark chocolate orange.
A long and very fruity finish with a dash of black pepper.
- Interest balance from the refill sherry in cask strength. I think it's expressive, but it's subdued too.
Sherry and caramel. A little bit of wine and vinegar.
Fruits, sweet malt, chocolate, caramel and ash
Medium length, dry
- Broad and oily, wet fur. Sweet malt prevailed with burnt ashes. Long, balance and waxy, buttery coating.
— at Whisky Live Singapore.