Highland Park 12-year-old

Strength
08 apr 2016 8:13 pm by mds51

one in wishlist

Whisky reviews for Highland Park 12-year-old

One user has left a review for this whisky. Average rating is 89.50 points.

1. Boro scored this whisky 89 points Expert Senior

Color: dark ocher. Presence of suspended micro residues: a good sign of cold non-filtering.

Too bad for the sample not in excellent condition in my opinion. Despite this, it is possible to outline a very high quality of the distillate and an excellent choice of sherry barrels in which it is matured ... even if it is not specified, I challenge anyone to lick the wood in which the sherry has rested, take a sip of this whisky, and find some differences! :)
    Great whisky, I look forward to the moment of the big bottle to confirm my impressions of the "deteriorated" sample I drank this evening.
      Wow. It vaguely reminds me of the Balvenie 15y single sherry barrell, with a powerful presence of cherry, undergrowth and new wood. Fresh herbaceous notes also come out later. A hint of pepper. Spicy and sweet, very inviting indeed.
    • Taste
      Unfortunately my 100cl sample was about 60% full, and some of the alcohol must have evaporated over the years this little gem was treated (badly). A great pity, what little I can perceive promised very well, but in these conditions a shadow of himself remained. I think it is the main reason why it does not express itself well in the mouth. The scents on the nose however remain, in a harmonious combination of sweet sherry and a bitter hint of wood. Maybe some caramel was added and without a doubt I would have preferred it with about ten% more.
      Short, very short (but I'm convinced it's my sample's fault). If I have to hyperbole with my imaginary real flavor I would say it tends to medium-long despite the "low" alcohol content. In any case, the fruit leaves room for licorice, with lashes of leather alternating with sweet-bitter tips of cherry wood.

KVK: 60207205