one in wishlist
21 × member ratings
7 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Girvan 2006 WhB
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.47 points
- HWF VBT-8 Sample 2 7 months finish in a (privat) fresh sherry octave
Start something sharp, grains, lots of new wood, vanilla, cognac, spicy, a fleshy tone, peaches, citrus, lemon sorbet, mint, green beans and white pepper.
Raisins, farmers boys (!), Creamy vanilla, custard, mandarin, very clean with even some chlorine tones from the pool, fruit, vanilla and almond food.
Some fruit, vanilla and almond food.
- Very creamy, lots of banana (!), Vanilla, caramel, grass, floral, ... Tasty dram! Can use some time to open up, I did not add water. Sample from Bram84.
- Nose: White pepper! . Here is not so much to get out without water, stimulates the nose properly. Slowly but surely, beautiful bourbon notes are revealed. Reminds me of Clynelish because of the waxy notes. Furthermore, fresh flowers, vanilla is of course also. With water: Everything above it but then also a small valpon smell, which happily went away quickly
Taste Look that comes in nicely! Delicious vanilla, butterscotch, soft pudding, cream / cream, toffee, and that waxy happen again! Can use a little water, but not much. With water: More vanilla and waxy notes! Absolutely a nice mouth!
Body: Full and creamy!
Finish medium-long. Vanilla icecream! Hint of wood, Furthermore, it is vanilla and cream what the clock strikes
Comments: Blind tasting samples provided by Bram84
- Time is THE key to a wonderful vanilla-banana wonderworld. Nomnomnom
- Mediocre nose, nice taste and a very nice finish.
Lemon, orange, cactus, vanilla, limestone and peach. Later almond and caramel.
Sweet lime, apple, orange, peach, vanilla and grass.
Apple candy, peach, vanilla, grass and caramel.