87.80/100
05.1999
Strength
08 May 2009 11:16 pm

Whisky Reviews for Laphroaig 1983 McC

2 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.80 points

[July, 2015]  Serge rated this with 75 points only, unfortunately he provided no notes...  That's why I tried it myself today and I found it a very unusual, interesting Laphroaig.  So if you are open to try something different to the classic Laphroaig profile this is a very pleasant dram indeed.

There are huge amounts of caramelized vanilla fudge aromas in both nose and taste, imbedded in a very sweet barley corpus.  After a while the Laphroaig will shine through with its peaty/medicinal flavours making up for a huge body profile.  But than the vanilla and sweet barley take over again for the finish, which is unfortunately not very long (but nice).

Altogether a nice dram to sip after dinner, but certainly not very suited for the hardcore Laphies...  All others should give it a try!
    • Taste

[February, 2008]  Together with friends I emptied bottle no. 033 that I bought for 61 Euro (119 Deutschmark) in December, 1999.

[November, 2012]  Together with friends I emptied bottle no. 045 that I bought for 65 Euro in February, 2008.

[October, 2015]  Together with friends I emptied bottle no. 219 that I bought for 63 Euro in September, 2006.In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50 - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored this 87,5 all times.  Please see detailed review below.