- Single Grain
- Hibernia Distillers Ltd. (Hib)
- Bottling serie
- No. 3 - The Áras Cask
- Stated Age
- 06 years old
- Charred Ex-Bourbon Barrels from Kentucky
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml 750 ml 750 ml 750 ml
- Bottle code
- L6054L 1039
- Added on
- 07 Mar 2016 5:51 pm by Dramned!
one in wishlist
34 × member ratings
88 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Hyde 06-year-old
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 74.09 points
- typical grain whiskey, better in the nose than in the taste. Uncomplicated EveryDayDram for sipping, you don't need a second bottle.
first sweet-floral with a slight alcohol note; the alcohol evaporates when the whiskey breathes. Then honey and caramel with typical (bourbon) sweetness. Fresh, bright fruits towards the sweet apple. Light spice with cinnamon and clove aromas.
first syrupy sweetness, peppery spice builds up quickly. Malt and barley taste. Slightly oily in the mouth. Wort continues to dominate with an onset oak aroma. Liquorice flavor still comes through strongly. Later there is also a slight hint of vanilla, which becomes more and more pronounced with each sip. - - - After about half a bottle, the vanilla aroma is strong. With air contact, the whiskey changes to this vanilla note.
medium. The malt and barley aromas remain together with oak. Spice gets a little bit bitter out the back, but is still ok. The liquorice flavor is also retained.
- Overall impression:
Tasty, something in between
Caramel, sweet, slightly fruity
fruity, mild, tasty
- I would not call this whisky more like a sweet syrup.
Almost cardboard in taste on the palate, not that I ever eat cardboard?
- Superfluous and disgusting, nothing else.
Right nail polish remover, almost only that, in between what vanilla, very deterrent Esther notes, metal, solvents
Alcohol, ethereal, cheap leather and furniture polish, shoe polish, hint of rotten berries and vanilla
Toffee, cough syrup, herbs and bitter substances, plus metallic, short to medium-long
- Not the best tipple I have ever tried.
Quite pleasant on the nose with only a slight hint of sharpness.
Quite a thick taste - unlike most Irish whiskey I have tried. Is the Aras some form of furniture that has been used. Seem to remember a Shakespearean charcaster hiding behind the same.
Like a cough mixture.
Sweet, caramel, oaky, spicy, toffee
Sweet, vanilla, oaky, spicy, nougat, chilli
Medium long, sweet, oaky, caramel
- I do not want to do this Hyde wrong - maybe Grain Whiksky's just not me. But of the three hyde whiskeys I have found this most unspectacular here. Neither in the nose nor on the palate very complex and demanding, and also remained in the finish barely memorable surprises. He is easy-going, uncomplicated and undemanding, but for the same price, some blends have much more to offer. In mixed drinks certainly well suited, but for pure enjoyment I just miss too much. As a big fan of the previous two Hydes I really expected more here. It will stay in my whiskey cupboard with two Hydes.
Egg crème, a little vanilla, blossom honey, fresh hay
dominant sprittiger alcohol, sweet cream, vanilla, eggnog,
Alcoholic heat literally creeps down the esophagus, some grassy sweetness and vanilla notes are left hanging