- Single Grain
- Hibernia Distillers Ltd. (Hib)
- Bottling serie
- No. 3 - The Áras Cask
- Stated Age
- 06 years old
- Charred Ex-Bourbon Barrels from Kentucky
- Number of bottles
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml 750 ml
- Limited Edition
- Bottle code
- L6054L 1039
- Added on
- 07 Mar 2016 5:51 pm by Dramned!
0 × in wishlist
28 × member ratings
62 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Hyde 06-year-old
10 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 74.12 points
- Overall impression:
Tasty, something in between
Caramel, sweet, slightly fruity
fruity, mild, tasty
- I would not call this whisky more like a sweet syrup.
Almost cardboard in taste on the palate, not that I ever eat cardboard?
- Superfluous and disgusting, nothing else.
Right nail polish remover, almost only that, in between what vanilla, very deterrent Esther notes, metal, solvents
Alcohol, ethereal, cheap leather and furniture polish, shoe polish, hint of rotten berries and vanilla
Toffee, cough syrup, herbs and bitter substances, plus metallic, short to medium-long
- Serge Valentin
- Not the best tipple I have ever tried.
Quite pleasant on the nose with only a slight hint of sharpness.
Quite a thick taste - unlike most Irish whiskey I have tried. Is the Aras some form of furniture that has been used. Seem to remember a Shakespearean charcaster hiding behind the same.
Like a cough mixture.
Sweet, caramel, oaky, spicy, toffee
Sweet, vanilla, oaky, spicy, nougat, chilli
Medium long, sweet, oaky, caramel
- I do not want to do this Hyde wrong - maybe Grain Whiksky's just not me. But of the three hyde whiskeys I have found this most unspectacular here. Neither in the nose nor on the palate very complex and demanding, and also remained in the finish barely memorable surprises. He is easy-going, uncomplicated and undemanding, but for the same price, some blends have much more to offer. In mixed drinks certainly well suited, but for pure enjoyment I just miss too much. As a big fan of the previous two Hydes I really expected more here. It will stay in my whiskey cupboard with two Hydes.
Egg crème, a little vanilla, blossom honey, fresh hay
dominant sprittiger alcohol, sweet cream, vanilla, eggnog,
Alcoholic heat literally creeps down the esophagus, some grassy sweetness and vanilla notes are left hanging