- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Archives (Arc)
- Bottling serie
- Shells from the Bay of Caraccas
- Stated Age
- 19 years old
- Fresh Sherry Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 54.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 25 Feb 2016 1:29 pm by Ras Mazunga
33 × in wishlist
91 × member ratings
87 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 1996 Arc
23 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.99 points
- Strongly sweet sherry, raisins, maybe plums in the nose? But the sweetness dominates very clearly. The typical sherry board that you can expect at First Fill, even if it pokes in the back of the nose, so the 'entrance to the brain' (hehe) a bit ... on the palate then very sherrylastig, thick almost like syrup. The mouth is directly covered with fog. Sweet, honey notes, brown sugar, raisins, nuts ... trail mix (but without yoghurt drops;) and a pleasant spice - great! Finish long to medium long. The mouthfeel lingers for a long time, the cask strength is noticeable, but is kept at bay by the dominant sweetness. A memory of chocolate remains. Bright chocolate with raisin pieces. A great malt! However, I can not find the typical Springbank association of hay and old barn - the influence of the very good barrel was too enormous! 90 points.
- Nose: Clear and sweet Sherry, raisins, honey, brown sugar, dried apricots, chocolate cake, really a wonderful bucket, a touch of soot, after some time, honey barbecue, jam waffles, citrus, tobacco leaves, rich And balanced.
Drink: Some traces of tannins open up the warm, rich, sweet drinking process,
Overall: Only in the final stage can some traces of Genting be found, but it is not a bad thing to be hugged by a sweet Sherry cask.
- A good jumping bench, even if my enthusiasm from 4 years ago is no longer entirely repeated. He can do what he can, but I see him as less complex than back then ...
Times change, and so do tastes.
- Elegant jumper!
Harmonious and complex, fruit compote, funky tones, poster color, beeswax.
Black powder, forest honey, tightly interwoven.