- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Pedro Ximénez Sherry Puncheon
- Number of bottles
- 54.9 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- The Netherlands Exclusive
- Added on
- 22 Feb 2016 7:09 pm by Amsterdam
8 × in wishlist
53 × member ratings
127 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 2003
11 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.64 points
- Young single cask Glendronach improves significantly after quite some airtime. I had this bottle open for way over a year and it got beter month after month. This #1823 delivered nice aromas of dry currants, sweet treacle, Dutch ‘drop’, forest fruits and Christmas cake spices. I liked it a lot and for €88 it had good quality for money.
- Typical Glendronach. It’s Just good at what is does best! Sherry matured whisky which is not completely taken over by the cask.
A lot of Milk chocolate, red fruit punch, sherry and a hint of wood. Quite a lot of alcohol at first, adding water and give it a little time and it eases down and a nice whisky appears. Initialy i would say it’s not really my thing. After time it is!
Well rounded, little waxy. quite mature for a 12yo. Soft, smooth. Great taste. Again lots of milk chocolate and red fruits.
Pleasant! Very pleasant. It’s Smooth and soft! Silky feeling stays behind. Milk chocolate comes through again and keeps you company for quite a while. Medium-long finish.
- Not too sweet young spry PX with pleasant balances.
Big sherry, forest fruits, peach jam, orange peel, ginger, honey and antique leather.
Powerful. Sherry, forest fruits, rum raisin, Verbena candies and orange peel.
Long, fruity, bittersweet.
- Got this one from a sampleswap with Erik1908. I agree this is very expensive, but still cheap compared with the even more ridiculous prices GD's!
Anyhow, this is a very good sherry bomb!
A very dense nose, savory, leather, thick red syrup. I like this very much. There is wood polish and shoe cream in the background. This is a kind of nose I appreciate much!
A little on the alcohol side. But this is quite a sherry bomb. I like this taste. It is full on sherry with dried red fruit. shoe polish. Tobacco and wet leather. With water it gets better, the alcohol nip will go away
Long length. With a lot of these sherry bombs it is bitter. not this one. There is quite some fruityness and a lot of the taste notes will be found here too.
- Bought this bottle at the price of 88 Euro. Quite expensive, but cheap compared to the current ridiculous price level of SC Glendronach bottles.
Nose is excellent; lot of sweetness.
Taste: heavy/strong. A few drops of water makes things a bit milder and better.
Finish: medium long, but it somewhat dies out and fades away.
- Tasted at a Malt Mongers Israel evening.
This was surprisingly herbal in character, quite different from the very common 1995 PX Single Casks with a lot more of the distillate character coming through, lovely stuff.
Reviewed in my blog: https://iwriteaboutstuffilike.com/2016/09/16/malt-mongers-israel-glendronach-evening/
Dunnage. Heather. Rich toffee. Leather. Honey. Sage. Eucalyptus. Sour cream.
Sulphur. Sweet red fruits. Candy floss. Menthol.
Long. Dark fruits. Dunnage. Prunes. Bitter grape juice.