- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- 127.4 Proof
- Stated Age
- 07 years old
- Charred American White Oak Barrels
- Batch 2015-02
- 63.7 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 17 Feb 2016 3:25 pm
12 × in wishlist
147 × member ratings
313 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Booker's 07 + 2 months + 5 days
28 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.97 points
- I like the Bookers. Nice mixture of spice and typical vanilla notes, with the spice predominating somewhat. Despite the high alcohol content, you can also drink it straight.
- Squeezed, intense and full-bodied, with the aroma of drying oil, an antique furniture store, nail polish and caramel remover, the taste is buttery and dense with hints of rum woman with chocolate, black pepper, raw basement and oranges, the finish is very long with a chocolate-pepper profile.
Great bourbon, which is served to us at full strength and for a perfectly sane money. Very strong and daring, but insanely neat and quality made.
RATING: 88pts - [n22, t22, f22, b22] → | 86-89: Remarkable |
- bit difficult to score, quite a flavor bomb but to me it lacks complexity compared to comparable scotch...
Ethereal, slightly pungent. Toothpaste, a little mint, a hint of turpentine. Campari orange, dry sand. Behind it, overripe honeydew melon.
Cooling. Gletschereisbonbons, aquavit, a touch of caraway. Lemon ice cream, vodka.
- Great bourbon. 84 points.
Sweet vanilla. Caramel. Blood orange with sugar. The adhesive is subtle, barely noticeable, even pleasant. Added to this is thyme, it becomes more herbaceous. The alcohol cools but is tame for the paper form. Time brings some spicy cheese.
First of all, water produces the alcohol. Then comes eucalyptus.
Sweet and spicy. Juicy blood orange here too. Sparkling and full. Roasted aromas, dark chocolate.
Water: It is sweeter and fuller with water.
Long, bitter, sweet.
- The best of the bourbons I tested. 85 he dared him boldly. Drank clean, no water added
The whole polytra of the paint and varnish shop in which the elephant climbed: lacquer, acetone, paint, sweet corn, sugar syrup, skips honey-flower component. There are insignificant vkrasiny vanilla and cinnamon.
Burning, the degree is certainly felt, viscous, thick, board, oak, sweetness is quite moderate.
Pleuvkusie average duration, pleasant warming, varnish, polish, corn.
- To this day one of my absolute favorite bourbons, deep, multi-layered, also tolerates many months of open time and plenty of time in the glass.
Coconut bomb, full of dark honey, some hazelnut, very concentrated and strong like a strong cognac, lots of vanilla, but also a little sapphire, marzipan, cinnamon and nutmeg, some banana and glue added as well
Hazelnut, full-bodied but still rounded, very deep, sapphire, peach with kernel, grapefruit, cinnamon, nutmeg, black pepper and some clove, dark honey, marzipan and stollen, banana jellies in chocolate and nougat
Dry sweet, full caramel, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, peach with shell and kernel, very well reverberating, warming, long
- Tasted during a blind tasting competition in May/June 2016. (PO16)
not my cup of tea, perhaps i should learn to appreciate bourbons (as was written in my notebook may 2016)