- Single Malt
- Scotch Malt Whisky Society (SMWS)
- Bottling serie
- Rumbling, reverberating resonances
- Stated Age
- 07 years old
- 1st Fill Ex-Madeira Hogshead
- Number of bottles
- 59.9 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 05 Feb 2016 11:13 am by John Barleycorn
2 × in wishlist
3 × member ratings
9 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Penderyn 2008 SMWS 128.6
2 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.00 points
- I have not had many Welsh Whiskys to date that have shot me ... but this Penderyn has absolutely convinced me. The initial taste and the body was outstanding. Tingling on the tongue with an incredible punch! Sweet ... creamy ... fruity. Sensational malt. With about 80 GBP issue price no special offer - but worth every penny to me.
- SMWS Tasting Notes
Colour: Brilliant rose gold
Flavour profile: Spicy & sweet
The nose had the deep sweetness of cinder toffee, dried
dates, trifle, marshmallows and Black Forest cherry cake with chocolate
shavings; it also had dessert wine and a furniture restorer’s workshop. The
palate found old books in libraries, cherry brandy, Christmas pudding,
mincemeat pies and after-dinner chocolate mints. The reduced nose had crème
caramel and syrup tart, developing into spicy Oddfellows sweets, After Shock
and rumbling, reverberating resonances of leather handbags, pipe tobacco and
raisins. Intriguingly, this whisky emerged from the cask with a natural haze.
It is perfectly delicious. We could not bring ourselves to chill-filter and
risk losing complexity.
Drinking tip: After
dinner – ideally after Christmas dinner