- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Slow Matured
- Stated Age
- 18 years old
- Sherry Casks
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 30 Jan 2016 1:26 pm by Gonathras
3 × in wishlist
25 × member ratings
104 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Knockando 1995
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.78 points
- A little bit aroma and finish for 18 years.
Starts neatly. Walnut liqueur, nut oil, dried apricot, gingerbread dough, raspberries covered in dark chocolate, forest honey and almond-colored sherry.
First, a lot of sherry, accompanied by nuts and gingerbread. Becomes surprisingly berry after raspberries and currants and ends with an aromatic fruit tea.
Long, dry, sherry-toned and delicately scented with red berries.
- A beautiful, uncomplicated 18-year-old Knocki. In comparison to the 1994er but much less intensity in the taste!
dark dry fruits (raisins, berries) in the foreground, dry, prominent oak;
easy onset, spicy, dry, fruity, almonds, nuts, sweetness;
medium long finish, long very spicy finish;
- On the nose, wood, spice, not peppery spices and a smell of tobacco
On the palate, pepper, caramel and oloroso sherry
In the final, the predominant spice and sherry on a short final
at the price, often decried, it ensures, no more!
- On the nose, not much except sherry.
In the mouth: round and warm, pleasant.
A nice Whisky. At this price, I say yes
great late evening dram.
- Tasting Note by the Chaps at Master of Malt
plump raisins, citrus, brown sugar and touches of berry fruit.
barley, leather, almond and some Sherried oak.
spicy and smooth.