Säntis Malt Edition Dreifaltigkeit

Strength
17 Jan 2016 8:59 pm by chees
Cask Strength

Whisky Reviews for Säntis Malt Edition Dreifaltigkeit

3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.17 points

1. knopfler99 scored this whisky 86 points Expert Junior

Well, first of all, you have to say that if you know what you have in the glass, you're not tasting that whisky quite unbiased. From the much read "smoked eel" to "smoky, smoky -> Säntis" you get so much along the way. I thought it was very interesting and better than expected, not as smoky as I thought, 86 points in any case it is worth and the price-enjoyment ratio fits. Dare you, you should have tried it.
      From the bottle first rises a smoke, which could perhaps be taken as smoked fish. As a gift to the glass, it evaporates and gives way to fruity sherry notes. Citrus, sour apple, dried plums and scorched raisins mix with a bit of campfire smoke. A light alcohol note in the nose.
    • Taste
      Hey, that's really delicious - in my mouth comes a mhhhhh over my lips, a breath later smoke and ash spread. Now the first sip and the spiciness of the oak comes out. A pleasant spiciness spreads in the mouth. From the smoked eel you can only guess something with the beginning of the finish.
      There it is, whether it is eel is up to you, but the taste of smoked fish spreads in your mouth. Apple tones along with a large portion of smoked bacon ensure a relatively long finish. In empty glass, an incense aroma remains behind after minutes, as it is unparalleled.

2. HunterRomario scored this whisky 87 points Expert Senior

Where's Ardbeg, and everybody else. Even the most whipped whisky you know next to Dreifaltigkeit looks more acceptable at one time. This is the darnness of the highest level, and it is completely different from the Islay (and elsewhere). I sampled the sample for perhaps 20 minutes. There is something that repels me, and at the same time I feel it is whisky and I want it again! Whisky that shifts your perception of dulcimer. It is absolutely original, but also uncompromising and merciless. I highly recommend all bizarre seekers, all hardcore lovers of peated style. When it comes to the opportunity, I'm sure something like that, or I want this stuff from the Swiss. I would love to amaze my friends by pouring this potion. My rating is "just" 87, but I think having a bottle of this unique whisky at home, I would probably rethink over time. The question is, in what direction? I do not know yet. A big thank you to the poor that he got me a sample in Germany!
      Hmmmm .... it was not here yet. The fluffiness of the Swiss is a completely different caliber than what I know from other pallet shops. I feel like I'm standing in the middle of the still smoldering burning of some old cottages. I feel burnt beams, open door of a thickly smoked smokehouse, tar, leaning rope. There are also some more sweet tones, like a jam jam on the sidewalk in the cottage, which they have forgotten and probably caught. In addition, it reminds me of something from the army. Burned Gun Dust? Burning leather boots? Some reminiscent memory from the war. Extremely interesting, yet to some extent to me a part, even to some extent annoying. A sweet burn, a stinking caramel. (87 b)
    • Taste
      That's a mother! Liquid soot? Alcohol-rinsed smokehouse? Taste, smoke, ash, a blast of heavier fruit, floods, then smoke, smoke, something smokey industrial. Burning glamor. (87 b)

3. Marko_I did not rate this whisky Connoisseur

Top. Left. And guaranteed polarizing. If you like crazy stuff and sometimes "different" smoke than the Scottish ones and like Balcones Brimstone, this is the place for you, the whisky works really well for me. Since I find 50 € for 0.5l also appropriate.
      Smoke, no, rather charred wood, charred lacquered wood with dry kitchen herbs, savory and some resin
    • Taste
      Horny, powerful herb-kräutrig, also smoked bacon, but smoked over tons of herbs, herbal bitters, Crottendorfer incense, resin, old paint, with each new sip of some molasses and liquorice on the tip of the tongue (that's strange, usually liquorice comes up back the tongue, but right here on the top, is pretty much the sweetest on the whisky)
      tart and hot, bacon, incense, licorice - very long