Säntis Malt Edition Dreifaltigkeit

Strength
17 jan 2016 8:58 pm by chees
Cask Strength

Whisky reviews for Säntis Malt Edition Dreifaltigkeit

10 users have left 10 reviews for this whisky. Average rating is 73.90 points.

1. tommy12 scored this whisky 1 points Expert Senior

Nose: herbs and smoked bacon. Taste: cough syrup with smoke. Extremely disgusting. It took a long time to finally try it. I then threw away most of my sample. Unfortunately, this is completely undrinkable for me. Even one rating point is still too much.

2. Islaysmoke scored this whisky 75 points Expert Senior

For me more of a smoked, still burning, herbal liqueur.

3. Maltimizer scored this whisky 50 points Expert Senior

Unfortunately, this has absolutely nothing to do with whisky!

4. Xaver did not rate this whisky Expert Senior

Okay ... that polarizes. The colleague is definitely different and he is different. Personally, he put a mean smile on my face.
      Colour:
      mahogany

Nose:
      In any case it runs oily into the glass.
      My first thought is a wooden table that is impregnated with herbal liqueur. In addition, burned rubber and a cold note of asphalt. In the background some ham and a pinch of salt. In addition, a meaty scent. Something like a burnt roast in a charred dark sauce. Thyme and dark cherries. Behind it, some brown sugar and raisins are tipped through. And it smells like melted, cheap chocolate. I like it.
      With a little time in the glass, the smoke comes through better. It now also looks spicier. Cold filter coffee and a sour herbal scent. The asphalt won't let go of me. Great. Really dirty and different.
    • Taste
      Strong, spicy start. Full asphalt steam load. He also has something from Prospan cough syrup. That ivy note too. Bah, is the disgusting goil. The taste of the roast and the sauce is even more burnt. Dry leather and really salty. As if you were licking leather pants. Unfortunately, it cannot hide a certain fruit note. I would say apple, pear, plum. With some fried caraway seeds. Malt candy and, as an opposite, a sour yeast taste.
      Rather long and brutally dirty. A dark sweetness joins the finish and rounds off the spectacle.

5. Teresa scored this whisky 78 points Expert Senior

6. Oldpultnie scored this whisky 84 points Connoisseur

I'm tasting this one for a year now and I'm on my second bottle. (All my friends need to try this one when they come in). Still don't know how to rate this one (see the ratings from 10 to 96) but I know it's one you never forget and it's more than 10 but never a 96.
    Jim Murray choose this whisky as the "European Whisky of the year 2010".
      I can keep putting my nose in the glass because I can't compare this with anything I had before. A different peaty smoke and a burning fire with a very meaty touch. A barbecue with herbs I don't recognize. It's probably the Alpine touch or the oak beer casks that makes the difference here.
    • Taste
      Lots of herbs with a peaty smoke. Slightly oily and loads of smoked meat ( never thought I could say this of a whisky ). Thinner body than expected from that big full nose. The fruity, malty sweetness comes later because the spicier herbs where a little overwhelming in the begin.
      Medium finish drying out in the barbecue ashes but I don't have that much bitterness.

7. jeoff scored this whisky 72 points Expert Junior

8. wisekyofcourse scored this whisky 83 points Connoisseur

at nose,

confusing!! menthol caramel, caramelized fruit, a feeling of old cognac! and a wet smoky peat!

on the palate, it is viandu, smoked ham, bacon, then peppered spices arrive, it burns, strong alcohol ?, we feel the horses in any case, then lacquered side back, finally, this peat strange, oily, vegetable , soot, tar!

in the finish, menthol grass, flax (a field of flax that embalm!), smoke on the cold ashes, A dram that does not leave insensitive, jostling the taste buds, a dramtic without surprising concession!
      fire extinguished, but flames that cook a ham, with its splashes!
      a little salt, smoke, meat meat, then caramel, spices, a field of emblems after a shower that dries!
      confusing, singular, but not bad at all.

9. Cubey666 scored this whisky 80 points Connoisseur

Tasted at Story Tellers: Tasting Whisky in January 2017

a kinda "you hate it or you love it" whisky... for me, i am not sure yet, on the one hand it was very intense and overly meaty, on the other hand it did add a new dimension to tasting whisky...

will probably need to have a second or third opinion really to make up my mind about this one.

quite heavy on the smoke/peat, meaty, salty with some sweetness and a lot of wood is in the taste.
    • Taste

[November, 2014]  I had this dram during a "world whiskies" tasting at Bonn.In my old rating system (ten scales that translate into WB points: 50
    - 66 - 75 - 80 - 82,5 - 85 - 87,5 - 90 - 92,5 - 95) I scored it 50.  My
    notes state a biting nose with unpleasant sulphury and incense candle aromas.  The taste is bitter, sulphury and extremely liquorice.  I was not abe to swallow
    it and used the spittoon.

KVK: 60207205