- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Our Signature Malt
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- American Oak & European Oak Sherry Casks
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L2Z 7722 2910
- Added on
- 05 Jan 2016 7:29 pm by laphihh
3 × in wishlist
228 × member ratings
822 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenfiddich 12-year-old
25 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 78.30 points
Citrus, bread, slightly fruity, worn out sherry barrels, tender
everything and nothing, slightly malty
- One of the most recognizable and best-selling malts in the world, for many it has become a ticket to the world of single malts.
Light, refreshing. Apples, pears, freshly peeled tangerine. Cyclist with lemon. A touch of vanilla and old newspapers.
Very mild. Pears, a little vanilla. A trace of honey. Vodka Lemon.
- Standard beginner, with whom one does not wrong. Overall, but quite one-dimensional.
- A decent introductory whisky, but not the best quality you can find on the supermarket shelf. If that's your limit, I prefer the Laphroaig 10, although the relatively smooth finish of the Glenfiddich may make it an easier 'first whisky'. Absolutely fine for the price, and I'd have no problem keeping this in stock for visitors.
Medium-intensity nose. Plasticine, some oak, raisins, some citrus. After 15 minutes in the glass (or an empty glass), there's some vanilla, candyfloss and more sweetness to the nose.
Medium-thick coating, immediately sweet, small amount of smoke and oak. After 20 seconds it becomes spicy, with pepper. I could not pick out any fruit in the mouth, but it's perfectly fine.
Relatively short, medium-smooth finish, initially a continuation of the sweet/oak flavours from the mouth, then moving to a warming/spicy finish. Quite pleasant actually.
- A great standard for whisky. Easy to drink. Very accessible for a beginner to get in to as a first single malt whisky. Not too heavy with a pleasant nose and long peppery finish.