- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Our Signature Malt
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- American Oak & European Oak Sherry Casks
- 40.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L2Z 7722 2910
- Added on
- 05 Jan 2016 7:29 pm by laphihh
3 × in wishlist
155 × member ratings
566 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenfiddich 12-year-old
21 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 78.26 points
Light, refreshing. Apples, pears, freshly peeled tangerine. Cyclist with lemon. A touch of vanilla and old newspapers.
Very mild. Pears, a little vanilla. A trace of honey. Vodka Lemon.
- Standard beginner, with whom one does not wrong. Overall, but quite one-dimensional.
- A decent introductory whisky, but not the best quality you can find on the supermarket shelf. If that's your limit, I prefer the Laphroaig 10, although the relatively smooth finish of the Glenfiddich may make it an easier 'first whisky'. Absolutely fine for the price, and I'd have no problem keeping this in stock for visitors.
Medium-intensity nose. Plasticine, some oak, raisins, some citrus. After 15 minutes in the glass (or an empty glass), there's some vanilla, candyfloss and more sweetness to the nose.
Medium-thick coating, immediately sweet, small amount of smoke and oak. After 20 seconds it becomes spicy, with pepper. I could not pick out any fruit in the mouth, but it's perfectly fine.
Relatively short, medium-smooth finish, initially a continuation of the sweet/oak flavours from the mouth, then moving to a warming/spicy finish. Quite pleasant actually.
- A great standard for whisky. Easy to drink. Very accessible for a beginner to get in to as a first single malt whisky. Not too heavy with a pleasant nose and long peppery finish.
- Fresh, light and slightly sprightly whisky. Not as bad as his reputation. Certainly a mass product but still OK for the price.
- N- Not as malty as the previous batch but beefed up on more citrus. Breeze of floral and caramel with dash of honey vanilla. Reserves and quiet, very safe.
P- Good weight, spicier and more energetic, well sherry sweet with lasting spices. Pleasant and better muscle when try it side by side with previous labeling.
F- Medium, balance, tea sweet, lasting peppery and gingery.— at The Whisky Bar, Kuala Lumpur.