- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 18 years old
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 14 Dec 2015 7:19 pm by Norbs
4 × in wishlist
34 × member ratings
82 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 18-year-old
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.97 points
- A little bit less of the "farmyard" and a bit more of the oloroso sherry on this one. Quite a strong flavor which really lasts. Not as lively as the Cask Strength 12's but overall not bad and rather smooth.
- Love it, very interesting dram.
Toasted hazelnuts, smoke/ash, grass, damp wood. Water opens up the nose to a massive hit of hazelnuts.
Silky, intense, initial smoke fades away to toasted nuts. Opens up to fruit and nut chocolate. Some fruit, slight saltiness .
Oily, light smoke, oak, fruit, vanilla still with a hint of salt. Medium to long finish.
- Whiskybase sample
Metallic. Old workshop. Fennel. Coal smoke. Sherry.
Coal smoke. Ash. Red apples. Aniseed. A little cardboard-y
- If it weren't for the finish, which I find a tad too dry, I wouldn't have had a problem upping this to a 90 point rating. Just lovely stuff.
Oh yes, this is just lovely. Some brine, a hint of diesel, sweet peat smoke, plenty of minerals and an abundance of sherry influence, without ever being too dominant. Mainly lovely dried red fruits, but also a touch of aniseed.
While 46 percent is nothing to sneeze at, this tastes like it was bottled at a higher percentage even. To begin with, this is quite spicy, with cumin and cracked black peppercorns. Full-bodied with rum raisins, crisp notes of peat, and some almond paste and rubber.
Dry with lingering brine and peat, and soft red fruits.
Turf foil, chocolate, raisins, blueberries, hint of juniper berries, sea salt, apricot and plasters
Blueberries, chocolate, raisins, turfo, honey, orange peel, grapefruit, campfire, almonds and plasters
Medium to long, blueberries, raisins, chocolate, orange, campfire, almonds and oak.
- This whisky is indeed a very good one, nevertheless, I miss something from "Springbank's" character I really enjoyed drinking the 12 years version. However, price and presentation reduces my rating.
Very smooth, slightly smoke and sweetness. In addition some fruitiness with hidden mirabelle/apricot and clementine/manderine. There is the typical Springbank aroma, it sounds weird, but it reminds me to medical bandages. Further, there is some warm and mature wood. After a while salt shows up.
Very intense taste with bitter almond, oak and dark chocolate. Not as sweet and fruity as the nose indicates. Burnt wood or peat marginally.
Long, dry and wooden finish with dark chocolate and herbs.
- New label since 2014