- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Local Barley - West Highland
- Stated Age
- 24 years old
- Oak Sherry Cask
- 1966 443
- 58.1 % Vol.
- 50 ml
- Added on
- 14 Dec 2015 9:07 am by dram-drinker
11 × in wishlist
19 × member ratings
4 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 1966
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 94.33 points
- With the official miniature set the 4th bottle is just labeled as Plain British Spirit Period 90/2 and 61.5% abv: It is very sweet and malty and a bit peaty/smoky. Actually not that bad but it seems it has never been in any cask thus it is really plain spirit. Pretty interesting how it tastes before it's going into the casks.
- Actually the best of the three sister casks 1966 441, 1966 442 and this despite it has actually the lowest abv. Low is probably not the right term as it is much more powerful than expected. Just a fantastic whisky!
Fresh and intensive, rich oak wood with plenty of fruits including oranges, apricots, plums, pineapples, bananas. Notes of raisins, toffee, dark chocolate, coffee, sweet vanilla, honey, marzipan.
Wow, the initial punch blows me away. Just quickly after there are coming up lots of different aromas that are well balanced. Sweet sherry wood, toffee, a bit citrusy and lemony, meaty and ham, coffee and dark chocolate.
Long burning but smooth with this great balance between sweetness and oaky notes. With water even more sweetness and oaky notes come up.
- The best local barley I have had so far, really brilliant everything is there and the finish is endless