- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Special Cask Reserve
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- New Label with "1879"
- Bottle code
- L0087W L10
- Added on
- 07 Dec 2015 12:41 pm by Asterix
2 × in wishlist
116 × member ratings
428 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenrothes Select Reserve
16 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 78.61 points
- If you let air and time work, your nose will develop really splendidly. A real fruit basket. The only problem is that once you take a sip, the shot backfires. The fusel alcohols really burn a hole in the train :(
- Uncomplicated and solid beginner who neither disappoints nor delights ...
Unripe pear, green apple, light citrus fruit, some honey sweetness and a light alcoholic stinging, clear vanilla after a while in the glass
Fruity and slightly sweet, a bit alcoholic but quite good drinkable
Increasingly dry oak spice with decreasing sweetness
- Surprisingly delicious with lots of fruit and honey sweetness. but in the finish you should be prepared for a good portion of oak bitterness.
- What is on the bottle as T.notes you can believe this time quietly. ripe fruit - lemon - vanilla - seasoning. Not overwhelmed even a beginner.
Yes, the nose says, a lot of sweet honey, with lots of nuts and with a splash of citrus, plus some pith from a vanilla pod. A fruity fellow who comes with ripe fruit and some spice from American oak. After cut grass and fresh leather Very complex.
The same thing continues in the mouth. Like a spicy flavor.
medium in the end a bit bitter.
- Interesting but maybe too sweet ...
Vanilla, gingerbread, dark fruits - blums / plums, later growing (and dominating) tones of lemons / oranges and wax
In taste a lot of sweet, to sugar - vanilla, chocolate cake, later harvested oranges / orange peel. There is a bit of a finish in the final but not unpleasant
In the reverberation of caramel and slightly spices and little bitterness at the end, but nothing that could not survive ..