19 × in wishlist
65 × member ratings
90 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ledaig 2008 Arc
13 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.71 points
- Citrus pepper Nice smokiness and some wax, quite enjoyable
- Lively and salty, rather delicate smoke. Grapes, Citrus fruits. In the mouth, we find these sensations, with a well integrated alcohol. Warming final. With water, we have other fresh fruits on the nose, citrus fruits are sweeter (mandarin?), And we also have a mineral side that is revealed. On the palate, very nice with malt and fruit. Salty sweet final with smoke in red thread.
- Nose: vanilla, citrus, minerals, smoky Taste: smoky, citrus, toffee, pepper Finish: bitter, peppery, lingering for a long time Beautiful young Ledaig !!
- My first acquaintance with Ledaig is immediately extraordinary positive. Smoked smoked-sweet. A good balance between flavor and taste.
A great palette of flavors, ranging from smoky notes, spices, delicious smokies, marine nuances, notes of wax and all this is superimposed on fruit sweetness with sherry notes. Long, long aftertaste!
Good job! 89points.
- Ok Ledaig on a nice strength. Enjoyed it during a nice summer day in the garden. The sherry cask surprised me. Maybe only the cherries in combination with the dark chocolate for me in the taste.
Peaty, salt, young with some spirit notes, smoke and pepper. Citrus, smoke and bread - crust of baked Casino white bread. Although the spirity notes very enjoyable.
Smoke, peat, pepper, some menthol and dark chocolate with some cherries.
Medium drying with spices - pepper, smoke and citrus.
- This does not seem to me a sherry barrel, it should almost be bourbon. For the money it is a nice whisky by the way and certainly when you like the profile of Ledaig.
- The bottle has been open for some time and it is magnificent. Atypical.
Sour cream, cherry plum, kirsch, orangeade, green wood, lime tree, it becomes more and more vegetal, on a slightly saline frame. The smoke casts a sfumato on the whole: omnipresent and distant at a time. A complex nose, a little rustic and wild, fresh and changing, fierce and exciting. He must divert more than one! We can stay there a long time, come back, let him rest, try to take him by surprise, he is present, the same and another. As amazing as it sounds, it reminds me of some Littlemill ...
Grasse, fruity (always mirabelle, a hint of strawberry, Seville orange), then spicy, with nutmeg, cinnamon, grated ginger, cardamom, each spice being very clearly defined and precise. The sfumato, always. Frankly, this mouth is top!
Return on lactic aromas (always the sour cream, acidulous and earthy) accompanied by volutes of floral smoke (rosewood, poppy) on a greedy and more classic background of sherry.