- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Sauternes Cask Finish
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Sauternes Cask
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 29 Nov 2015 4:49 pm by RumDram75
6 × in wishlist
25 × member ratings
69 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 12-year-old
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 83.43 points
- Blind tasting.
orange, pears, acetone, soap from the back of the cupboard, some wood, caramel/butter, sweetness
some fizz if you hold it, orange-buzz
- A good Sauternes Cask Finish ...
gelbe Früchte (Mirabellen, Physalis, Mango), Weiweweinaromen, Vanilla;
pleasant, juicy, fruity onset, oily, creamy, full-bodied, full yellow fruit, honey, vanilla, some oak, oak;
soft, medium length finish; in the end fruity, sweet, some oak;
- The alcohol could be better integrated. But the Brennereicharacter is still very nice to recognize. The barrel has left its mark. He already has power, and a lot of volume. All in all a good whisky. But definitely too sweet for me. He tastes good to me. But I did not want a second afterwards.
first a lot of honey, malt, vanilla. Slightly sprightly. But then come the Weinigen notes. Bright sweet fruits. Canned peach. Tropical fruits .... Mango maybe. Definitely a bit overripe. Then some orange, some oak.
Honey again. Mouthfeel is oily, creamy. Although the alcohol stings something, the whisky has a lot of volume. There really is nothing watery. Then again the sweet wine. Very cute. Already too much for me. Again tropical bright fruits. Some nut
Long, sweet. Drying in the end. But no chance. The sweetness dominates everything. After a minute and a half, I still have a sticky mouthfeel.
- You can find our review here http://www.whiskybros.com/single-post/2016/09/13/Glendronach-12yo-Sauternes-finish-2015
- Got it as a gift. Liked it a lot.
A variety of fresh fruits on the nose. Banana to cherry to apricot. It was all there for me.
The taste is fruity, floral and very rich. The whisky is rather thick and is well balanced between sweet and fresh sourness.
Medium lenght. Same as the palate.