- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask
- Stated Age
- 12 years old
- Pedro Ximénez Sherry Puncheon
- Number of bottles
- 55.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Bottled for
- The Green Welly Stop 50th Anniversary Release
- Added on
- 24 Nov 2015 12:10 pm by Tallyortoby
5 × in wishlist
23 × member ratings
104 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 2003
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 87.48 points
- A new benchmark in sweetness, wow. If I had the taste profile blind rather towards sweet wine, such as Sauternes classified. Delicious!
Honey sweet, rather overripe yellow fruit, mirabelle, nectarine and everything has fallen into the honeypot, a good portion of vanilla is there, with intense smelling comes a lot of tart chocolate, the slightly sour fruit component is also there
Wow, intense, oily, creamy and extremely sweet, honey, vanilla, the fruits remain yellow, rather sweet than dry, some oak is there, but plays only a minor role, a touch of espresso, requires no water, the alcohol is wonderfully integrated and no sharpness noticeable
it stays creamy sweet, medium in length, a hazelnut appears briefly, warming
- Comes close to the first Green Welly 50th anniversary bottle. Great whisky
- This is a fantastic Single Cask.
It really is.
I find it hard to believe this is a 12 yo expression.
A full & complex dram that has all the trademark Glendronach nose & taste with a complex & wonderful character.
Incredible value for money in my opinion.
- Lovely Glendronach - needs time in the glass