- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- American & European Oak Sherry & Bourbon
- Batch 1
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Batch 1
- Added on
- 22 Nov 2015 5:36 pm by kennifa
one in wishlist
44 × member ratings
84 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenturret Triple Wood Edition
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 79.90 points
- Aroma: vanilla, baked pear, white chocolate (20);
Flavor: sweet, creamy, slightly woody, vanilla (21);
Aftertaste: sweet, creamy, long-lasting (21);
Balance: balanced (21).
- Clearly an entry level malt and a bit too sweet to my taste.
The nose is creamy and sweet on breakfast cereals, vanilla and Pink Lady apples, but also shows some stale ale… After a few moments a hint of marzipan kicks in, making up for things.
On the palate it is very creamy as well, almost syrupy. Now I get loads of wood spices. Think pepper, ginger and some nutmeg. The marzipan returns, as does the vanilla. Some milk chocolate. Sweet butter.
The finish is spicy and very sweet.
- Tasted at the distillery, nice going worth the money.