- Single Malt
- The Vintage Malt Whisky Co Ltd. (VM)
- Bottling serie
- The Cooper's Choice
- Stated Age
- 19 years old
- American Oak Cask + Sherry Cask Finish
- Number of bottles
- 53.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 21 Nov 2015 3:05 pm by Black Widow
9 × in wishlist
22 × member ratings
30 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glenrothes 1996 VM
3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.30 points
- the sherry influence is there, but does not dominate. The dram is rather dry, woody and spicy. Leather notes. Marmalade for the fruity / bitterness touch. A finish a little too woody. A touch of solvent. A little rough, not very melted.
- The Sherry has a certain influence on this whisky, it brings spicy greed of dried fruits. The alcohol is sometimes too present, but a drop of water does not do him any good because it stifles the fruit and raises the wood.
Raisin, a light hazelnut shell dust. Candied and caramelized orange zest. Dry apricot passes here and there. Sweet spices all along.
A mixture of dried caramel, raisin and apricot, pinches of spicy spices. A bit of discrete hazelnut too, and drops of acid citrus.
Long. The wood is revealed, accompanied by a lot of spicy spices. The caramelized dried fruit remains in the mouth after the spices have faded.