- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Hand-filled at the distillery
- 2015 & 2016
- Sherry Puncheon
- 58.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 17 Nov 2015 11:14 pm by Calle
11 × in wishlist
48 × member ratings
96 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 2004
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.41 points
- Eye / nose: Dark, rich mahogany, looks already plenty of "strong". Something blackberry jelly on the nose, dried orange, chocolate, dark cocoa. Palate: Full-bodied, velvety, powerful, without acting sprightly or intrusive. Vollmichschokolade with noble bittersweet nips. Sweetened espresso macchiato, light roasted aromas. Finish / Conclusion: Long, warm sherry finish, as it is written in the book. Why, dark and sweet and fruity. Then slightly calcareous towards the end. Nothing to complain about. Overall, pretty perfect. For me personally one of the tastiest, most balanced DG Single Casks of the last years, one sees from the Oldies of the 1970er years once off and perhaps also from the well-known top casks of the much-praised 1993er vintage.
- Blindtasting 23.02.2018 => 92/100
- A real sherry monster of the extra class. Dark fruity, leather and coffee from the nose to the long-lasting finish. A truly great, young single cask. A must for all Sherry 1st Fill lovers who are still looking for single casks at affordable prices.