- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- van Wees (vW)
- Bottling serie
- The Ultimate - Cask Strength
- Stated Age
- 09 years old
- Sherry Butt
- Number of bottles
- 60.2 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 17 Nov 2015 10:31 pm by RoyC
10 × in wishlist
44 × member ratings
86 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Edradour 2006 vW
8 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.69 points
- A sharp chocolate nut note in the nose and on the palate, with undiluted Edradour ... After adding water (7.5 ml. To 3 cl. Whisky) less chocolate, but still nutty and sweet ...
- This Edradour is another very tasty Whisky from "Van Wees" in "The Ultimate" series.
This cask strength is a real enjoyer and stays in the mouth for a long time. As with my other reviews, I leave the smell, the taste and the recognisability of ingredients, to the other person's opinion. After all, it is a different experience for each of us. Cheers!
- Apart from the strong alcohol, a very evenly balanced dram that swims, too. Hence 86 all around.
Though I prefered the Edradour 2008 SV Single Seasons bottling cask 122 (# 88337) because of the much more straigth forward oloroso influence.
- January 9, 2016
Vanilla, cherry, almond, butter, raisin
Cherry, salty, raisin, pear
Medium to long, sweet from cherry turns into bitter salami
- Makes a younger impression than cask 242, but I like it. The sherry influence reminds me of young Tamdhus.
Cherry, blueberry, caramel fudge and apple.
Cherry, caramel, cherry, cranberry, prune and pepper. With water also raisin and apple.
Cherry, toffee, blueberry, cocoa and apple.